Can I Get Some Opinions? (Press Kit recording)

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by jmattbassplaya, Nov 28, 2012.

1. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Hey guys,

My band was thinking about possibly using this live video recording for part of our online pres kit, and I just wanted to ask you all if you think the recording is good enough to use or if it might possibly turn people off. We fully plan on getting something better done in the future, but we could really use something to tide us over in the meantime as we start to book more out of town gigs. Thanks ahead of time, and be sure to watch it in HD!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10101140856685945

2. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Facebook boycott here bud.

3. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

It's not too bad video wise but the sound/audio is pretty bad FWIW.

4. lostcontrol_

lostcontrol_

I agree. Personally, I wouldn't use it.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jonas_24112

jonas_24112

Same here. Video is good, sound quality not so much. I wouldn't use it.

7. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

I'd find someone with some video editing knowledge get a recorded song put over live footage. then they can hear your potential and see your live potential in one little package.

skip to 1:44

8. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

9. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Supporting Member

I agree with the other guys; sound quality is not good at all. I would not use it. You guys are a killer band; I heard one of your songs before; this video does not do you guys justice at all. I would personally wait and try to get another recording so when people see it and hear it, they will be impressed. This recording won't do that.

10. allanhearn

allanhearn

sound quality sucks. Sorry. You would not be doing yourself justice putting that out.

11. Fiset

Fiset I do a good impression of myself

Have to agree with the others....sound quality makes the video unusable for press kits. On a positive note, I dig your band and would love to hear that tune when its recorded with quality sound.

12. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

As dumb as it is, I only just now realized that when I posted this question I had only heard this recording through my sound system (which can make just about anything sound marginally decent). I went back and listened to this straight from my laptops speakers and then through some cheap add-on speakers that I own (aka, what most venues owners will likely hear the press kit on) and yeah... it's definitely not good enough lol.

That said, I really appreciate all the kind words from you guys! I'll definitely be sure to post some better recordings whenever we finally get some done (hopefully before January).