1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Can I leave my Line6 G30 receiver constantly powered up?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by AudioDwebe, Feb 16, 2013.

1. AudioDwebe

AudioDwebe Supporting Member

I just use it at home to practice and would like to know if it is okay to leave the receiver constantly plugged in, as it has no power on/off switch. My guess is it won't hurt anything, but wanted to check.

Thanks
  2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

probably yeah in theory, but i wouldn't.

at the very least, those wall-wart power supplies left on 24/7 can eventually fail.
  3. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

+1

I'd unplug it from the wall
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I wouldn't sweat it either way but I'd unplug it if you plan to be away from it overnight or longer than a couple hours.
  5. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Why not put it on a power bar with an on/off switch? You can use the cheapest you can find.
  6. jaywa

jaywa

If you get a lightning strike or other power surge it's curtains for the wall wart and probably the receiver unit as well. I'd use a switchable power strip with surge protection.
  7. Medford Bassman

Medford Bassman

We recently traded in our large PA for 2 k12s and 1 kw181 sub.

Been doing gigs with it and loving it.
  8. AudioDwebe

AudioDwebe Supporting Member

Thanks for your suggestions.

I've gone ahead and plugged the receiver into a power strip. I'll probably turn it on before I use it for the day and leave it powered up until I crash at night.

BTW, I decided to contact the manufacturer. Their rep said I could leave it powered up 24/7 and it won't hurt a thing. That information will come in handy if (more likely "when") I forget to power it down at night.

Cheers.