1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Can I leave my Line6 G30 receiver constantly powered up?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by AudioDwebe, Feb 16, 2013.

1. AudioDwebe

AudioDwebe Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I just use it at home to practice and would like to know if it is okay to leave the receiver constantly plugged in, as it has no power on/off switch. My guess is it won't hurt anything, but wanted to check.

Thanks

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2009
    probably yeah in theory, but i wouldn't.

at the very least, those wall-wart power supplies left on 24/7 can eventually fail.

3. Sponsored by:

4. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    +1

I'd unplug it from the wall

5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    I wouldn't sweat it either way but I'd unplug it if you plan to be away from it overnight or longer than a couple hours.

6. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Why not put it on a power bar with an on/off switch? You can use the cheapest you can find.

7. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    If you get a lightning strike or other power surge it's curtains for the wall wart and probably the receiver unit as well. I'd use a switchable power strip with surge protection.

8. We recently traded in our large PA for 2 k12s and 1 kw181 sub.

Been doing gigs with it and loving it.

9. AudioDwebe

AudioDwebe Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    Thanks for your suggestions.

I've gone ahead and plugged the receiver into a power strip. I'll probably turn it on before I use it for the day and leave it powered up until I crash at night.

BTW, I decided to contact the manufacturer. Their rep said I could leave it powered up 24/7 and it won't hurt a thing. That information will come in handy if (more likely "when") I forget to power it down at night.

Cheers.