1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Can i modify a Stacked pot to achieve diferent values?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by FunkyMan, Feb 6, 2013.

  1. FunkyMan


    Nov 27, 2007
    That's pretty much the question. I need a stacked pot with different values, the upper section with 50k and the lower with 250k, this is for an active passive bass project, the 250k section should be for tone when passive, and the 50k for Midrange.

    I have this stacked pot that is 50k both:


    So i wonder if i can somehow "disassemble" the pot, and change the little disc that is inside (i don't know the name) ?? someone has done this before? all this is because there's no such pot in available!

  2. MPU

    MPU Supporting Member

    Sep 21, 2004
    Valkeala Finland
    There was a thread about this kind of modification a while ago. If you can dissassemble the pot and find suitable new carbon tracks then it's doable.
  3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

    to hide this ad and more.
  4. two fingers

    two fingers You tahkin 'uh me? Yeah, you. You tahkin 'uh me? Supporting Member

    Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    The "discs" are called wafers (or that's what I've always heard them called anyway). And yes you can. You just need to stick to the same brand to make sure everything fits properly.
  5. Maz


    Jan 9, 2011

Share This Page