1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Can I run a Tascam Bass Trainer into my amp?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by steamthief, Dec 13, 2012.

1. steamthief

steamthief

This is probably a really stupid question, but I don't want to just start experimenting plugging things in and potentially damaging my amp. I want to start using my long forgotten Bass Trainer - where should I hook it up so I can play along with my CDs again?

Attached Files:

2. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Supporting Member

Headphones. I don't see anywhere there to plug it in. You could try a Y adapter but start with the volume low on the CDBT1. Then just see what happens. But the best option would be just to use headphones.

3. FanOfAlice

FanOfAlice

off topic, but that head looks pretty sweet how do you like it? whats the deal with the room balance knob?

other than that, just headphone out with volume low into either "poweramp in" or the bass input. "Poweramp in" will bybass the fender preamp and let the tascam do all the shaping.

4. steamthief

steamthief

Crud - my headphones are broken. I wish I never sold my Nemesis N28S, it had an easy input on the front panel.
    I guess I've discovered one thing I don't like about this amp, lol. I do like it a whole lot, though, very tubey tone for a hybrid, especially so with some vintage Telefunkens inside. The room balance knob is post-eq, allows one to fatten or thin the eq'd tone in problem rooms.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Supporting Member

TO be such a nice head, that Fender doesn't have a lot of "features".

7. steamthief

steamthief

What kind of features is it lacking, other than an input for a Bass Trainer? The overdrive is very, very, good, and the tone slays with or without it. Plug and play, mang. :)

8. NewGuy

NewGuy Supporting Member

You will be fine with "power amp in" if the regular bass input like the other post said. I used my bass trainer for years like that. It was a great way to practice/learn songs when I used the bass trainer to *delete* the recorded bass line. Sometimes I would play to a whole cd like that...felt like I was on tour LOL. Enjoy!

9. NewGuy

NewGuy Supporting Member

Also it looks like you have a 2nd input on the back panel (looking at this on my phone so I'm not sure if I'm seeing correctly). On my amp I have 2 inputs so I sometimes plugged my bass into the amp as normal & plugged my trainer into the other input.

10. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

I should get my bass trainer back out too. It has some amp sims built in that kinda sucked but ok for practice with headphones. Mine has a line out which I never used. You could use the Fender power amp in or maybe the regular amp input if it can't drive the amp.

You want to find out if the line out is stereo or mono, probably mono but you never know. Forcing stereo to sum the left and right can do bad things to the sending device. If it's stereo you'll want to grab a left or right by using little jack to RCA lead and then RCA to a regular lead to get into the Fender.

11. themaestro78

themaestro78

whats's that input jack next to the tuner out do?

12. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

13. MrLenny1

MrLenny1 Supporting Member

Yah, check out what Maestro78 said.
    I run my Tascam BT thru my Eden all the time.
    It has 2 auxillary inputs on the rear panel.
    I suspect that input jack is the same function.
    Verify it thru Fender online manual if they offer it.