1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Can It Do Clean

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Bass-4-God, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Bass-4-God

Bass-4-God

I know everybody talks about the warm sound and the growl that you can get from the GK 700RB-II, but can it do clean as well. I always hear about how the 1001RB-II does clean because of the power and headroom, but what about the 700RB-II.

2. IPYF

IPYF

Turning the contour section all the way down makes any RBII unit act like an 800RB.
    Some would argue that there's not a cleaner sound in the world.

The boost control is also very intuitive. If you run your woofer volume on full and use the input gain and the boost knobs to engineer your tone you can get a good growl on any of the RBs. Do that backwards (like you would on any other amp) with the master set lower and your input set higher will clean up your sound immensely.

3. Bass-4-God

Bass-4-God

Where are all the GK experts?

4. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 EBMM Nut Supporting Member

You need more info than what IPYF posted? Yes it can do clean just fine.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Of course it can do clean. Haven't seen many bass amps that don't.

7. IPYF

IPYF

I know right. Did I stutter or something?

8. puremusic

puremusic

The clean tone is the only tone that I use on mine. I know how to get the dirt but I use the clean tone with plenty of headroom.

9. ObeyGiant

ObeyGiant

I don't own one, but the engineer in the studio I was just at plays bass and uses a 700rb-II. I recorded with it miced through an ampeg 8x10 and it was clean. Very beautiful sounding amp really. Whenever I upgrade my equipment GK will definitely be on the list of things I check out more in depth.

10. Bass-4-God

Bass-4-God

I get that it can do clean but most players on here only really talk about the growl of the 700RB-II and clean with the
    1001RB-II beacause of the extra headroom. So I quess I just was curious about having enough headroom to do clean with the 700RB-II and how certain adjustments of the contour and the boost and woofer may or may not effect volume.