Can somone give me some background on my Westbury Track 2?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassmingo, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Bassmingo

Bassmingo

I have a stray in my herd. A Westbury Track 2, made in japan. Thats all i know. It was given to me by an ex boss in the hopes i could fix it, but he left the company soon after and i never heard from him again (i left a year later and moved). it has a cracked bridge...and i never fixed it. I assume it needs a whole new bridge (see pics) and i never really palyed it. Does anyone have any info on these basses? whats the popular opinion? anything interesting that i'm missing?

[​IMG]

..they look like old dimarzios...but they cant be, right?
    [​IMG]

what i though was a broken pot...
    [​IMG]

doesnt seem to be one at all!
    [​IMG]

and the crack on the bridge just under where the ball end for the A goes, ball end will not stay in at pitch.
    [​IMG]

2. Bassmingo

Bassmingo

3. tonybassboss

tonybassboss Supporting Member

4. sound of bass

sound of bass

I never heard of that type of bass, cant hel you, but it looks like it has great Frankenbass potential. Doesnt seem to be anything that cane be fixed.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. hf_raeck

hf_raeck

I bought one this year on EBAY. It's bridge was broken to. I replaced it by a Gibson/Epiphon (EB-0/EB-3) bridge. Now i have i real good sounding bass (warm deep tones / prehaps nothing for slap style).

7. benjeejump

benjeejump

Hi there,
    I have just aquired a westbury track 2 bass and it has had the bridge replaced, and new tone knobs. There wasn't a broken pot on yours...I think it is just where there was a pickup switch. If you still have yours, (even if you are only using it for parts) please get in touch. Ben

8. bennysmarket

bennysmarket

Hi, I'm looking for a Westbury Track II Bass.
    Is anyone interested in selling?

Thanks

9. alibii

alibii

Hi , Im selling one ,
    about to put it on ebay with a buy it now of £300 sterling ..
    Its in great nick , a lovely bass , dont wanna sell it but needs must .. get in touch if you're interested

10. BASSDROID

BASSDROID

I had one for awhile but sold it last year. They are nice basses, built well with quality components. A Matsumoku product. I believe the pups are indeed DiMarzios. Big muscular sound. Liked it and played it a lot, but was after a Carl Thompson and something had to go.

11. Getaway Driver

Getaway Driver

ah yes, it's got some matsumoku character to it. I like it, even with that unusual pickguard. I'd throw in a humbucker in place of the split P, i bet it would sound like sechs.

12. Bassmingo

Bassmingo

Well mine is still gathering dust. other projects took priority, but now that my jazz is finished the next spare cash i've got will go on a bridge for it. then i'll shield it and it'll be done. maybe i'll refinish it, i dunno.

i'm gonna keep it anyway as i have a "one of each" type of collection, a stingray, a 5 string, a jazz and now a p type.

13. tomhunt96

tomhunt96

at the risk of getting no reply cos this thread is dead, anyone know where i could get and original bridge for one of these? looking to buy one of a friend of mine as a project but its going to need new hardware, 'pups and a pick guard. looks like it has potential to be a lovely bass with a bit of work :)

14. Buskman

Buskman

Not an original bridge, but Hipshot makes an upgrade/replacement bridge that should work:

http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=31

15. tomhunt96

tomhunt96

thanks man :) im hoping the old bridge will be serviceable with a bit of tlc because there nice looking

16. tomhunt96

tomhunt96

anybody know where i can get a pickguard template from?

17. clive shakedown

clive shakedown Supporting Member

Bump.
    I have a westbury track 4 pickguard if you still need a template?