Can Sweetwater.com be trusted?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gerbs, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Gerbs

Gerbs

Basically just that, are they a safe site to buy from? Do they have some sort of discount for forum members like musiciansfriend does?
  2. pedroims

pedroims

Yes, they can be trusted just like any other retail store, in my experience you can get better prices in GC, Musicians Friends or Gear Tree, do your homework and look for the best price.
  3. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

I like the fact that with Sweetwater a lot of times they show you a picture of the actual instrument that you'll buy. Not always though.
  4. theretheyare

theretheyare Supporting Member

I like Sweetwater. You have sales engineers who know what they talk about, service is stellar, and most of all, they have good contacts with the manufacturers (Through them I got a pedal modded by the builder before I bought it, for example). Certain deep discounts might be a bit better elsewhere, but they seem to be geared more towards the working pro/serious weekend warrior, and less towards the hobbyist/hipster hopeful than MF/GC. They have Mesa Boogie for example, And MF does not. If I were looking for a quality piece of gear that I'd be spending some serious dough on, I'd rather spend a few extra bucks and go with Sweetwater.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MattyH

MattyH

Not only can they be trusted, but I don't think there is anything better than Sweetwater. I wouldn't buy from anyone else unless it was my own local Sam Ash (We have a very VERY good Sam Ash here on Long Island.)
  7. Chains

Chains

I have ordered lots of accessory type stuff from Sweetwater. Always enjoy the hard candy they throw into the box :) They gave me a cold call a few weeks ago to see how everything was going.

Hey, what is this MF discount for forum members??
  8. jerry

jerry Definitely not trending Gold Supporting Member

I've had great service from them.
  9. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage. Supporting Member

Sweetwater is the best experience I've had purchasing new music equipment, either via the internet or in person. Incredibly helpful and personal customer service.
  10. Gerbs

Gerbs

Thanks for the good reviews. I was looking to pick up a Rumble 15 Combo, and they're the only people who have it, so I wanted to ask people who knew what they were talking about (you guys). Thanks again :) ordering right now
  11. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Sweetwater is a superb site to deal with and buy from. They have some of the best online help and communication I have ever had the privilege to work with. I would do business, and still do, and will continue to, with them any time in a heartbeat. Great company.
  12. DagoMaino

DagoMaino Supporting Member

Good sales people there, in my experience. They will price match too. I've bought a good deal of gear with my Sweetwater rep and he was pretty hip in all the departments.
  13. VanillaThundah

VanillaThundah VERY enthusiastic walks... Supporting Member

Media:
    Yes they are legit and from what I hear much more customer-centric than other retailers are.

Their financing deals are pretty intense, sometimes they offer 36 months no interest on certain items. When I look to buy a GK full stack, I'm definitely knocking on their door.
  14. CraigTB

CraigTB Supporting Member

...and they often give the weight and serial number of the actual instrument you'll get.

Awesome if you're actually buying something, also a great tool for getting a read on typical weights on something you're interested in.
  15. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I buy for my division at a university and Sweetwater has some stuff that is priced just right for us. Every contact has been good, and their sales reps do know their stuff.
  16. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules! Supporting Member

I've bought from them a few times and always been pleased.
  17. JFN

JFN Supporting Member

I've had the same Sales Engineer at Sweetwater for over 20 years (Jim Swain). Bought quite a bit of gear over the years and never a bad experience.
  18. macmanlou

macmanlou Don't push it. Just let it fall. Supporting Member

Sweetwater is the best online shop I've ever bought from. Their technicians do excellent work as well, if you need it. I had them rout a truss rod access slot in the body (and pickguard) of my new Mustang, and it was spot-on perfect.
  19. hennessybass

hennessybass Supporting Member

And they send you candy with every order!!
  20. Jay Q

Jay Q Supporting Member

My experience also. In fact, my only complaint is that they try a little too hard to maintain a relationship with you. I've had sales reps call me to see if everything was ok with my purchase... and if I'd be interested in buying anything else. But, that's a small price to pay for the quality of their knowledgeable staff.
  21. vishuddha

vishuddha 100% Mediocre Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Drum Sales - Guitar Center
    Even as a biased employee of their competition, I can still admit that Sweetwater seems to be a great business... I've also heard it doesn't take much more than just asking to get a better deal.