Can the fender bronco 40 be hooked up to other cabinets?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Maya403, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Maya403

Maya403

I play at big gigs and need alot of power and i was wondering if the fender bronco 40 could be hooked to more cabinets
  2. craig.p

craig.p

You could connect it to a cheap mic preamp via the XLR connector, and from there to a power amp, and from there to larger cabs. Keep the Bronco's volume as low as possible so its speaker doesn't interfere acoustically with the larger cabs.

Or you could use the headphone out and run direct to a power amp, and from there to larger cabs. The speaker will mute in this case, so no worries about interference with the larger cabs.
  3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Only amps with ext spkr jacks can run more spkrs. unless you use more amps. The Bronco is a practice amp. If you want to gig, you'd be better served with another bass rig altogether.
  4. eight0eight

eight0eight

There is no extension speaker jack if that's what you were asking. And no 4 ohm power rating so I'm guessing you'd need an additional power amp to push other cabinets as others have mentioned.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. richardkimball

richardkimball

For guitar, I use a Mustang I and then headphone jack to power amp section of a Peavey Bandit 1x12. Good-to-go....
  7. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    I would not bring a Bronco 40 to anything bigger than a coffee shop and expect to hear myself, even if I wired in an ext speaker jack.