1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Can you slap an EUB?

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by bassguy1960, Jan 24, 2014.

1. bassguy1960

bassguy1960

Getting a little older, tired of lugging around my bass... Looking at an EUB for bluegrass (I know, electrics not allowed), really like the gear that's out there now. I haven't settled on one yet, but Does anyone use one for bluegrass or Rockabilly...? How do they slap?

Can one be gotten for a reasonable price these days?

Thx.
  2. lowEndRick

lowEndRick

I used an Eminence for bluegrass for a while. I did slap it, and it was passable, but not quite the same as a full size in feel or sound.
  3. KUNGfuSHERIFF

KUNGfuSHERIFF

EUBs also tend to try to spin when you slap them.
  4. lowEndRick

lowEndRick

yes, very true
  5. brianrost

brianrost Supporting Member

I've had a couple: Ampeg Baby, Zeta Crossover and finally an Azola Minibass.

I would suggest adding a contact transducer to the fingerboard, bridge transducers don't pick up much of the click.
  6. brad houser

brad houser

Eminence sounds great in bluegrass. heard two in a row at Yonder Mountain String Band fest last spring. Through big PA systems they sounded awesome.