1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Can you slap an EUB?

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by bassguy1960, Jan 24, 2014.

1. bassguy1960

bassguy1960

Getting a little older, tired of lugging around my bass... Looking at an EUB for bluegrass (I know, electrics not allowed), really like the gear that's out there now. I haven't settled on one yet, but Does anyone use one for bluegrass or Rockabilly...? How do they slap?

Can one be gotten for a reasonable price these days?

Thx.

2. lowEndRick

lowEndRick

I used an Eminence for bluegrass for a while. I did slap it, and it was passable, but not quite the same as a full size in feel or sound.

3. KUNGfuSHERIFF

KUNGfuSHERIFF

EUBs also tend to try to spin when you slap them.

4. lowEndRick

lowEndRick

yes, very true

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. brianrost

brianrost

I've had a couple: Ampeg Baby, Zeta Crossover and finally an Azola Minibass.

I would suggest adding a contact transducer to the fingerboard, bridge transducers don't pick up much of the click.

7. brad houser

brad houser

Eminence sounds great in bluegrass. heard two in a row at Yonder Mountain String Band fest last spring. Through big PA systems they sounded awesome.