1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Canadian Online Dealer

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bachlover, Jan 28, 2014.

1. bachlover

bachlover Supporting Member

Anyone know of an online Canadian string dealer along the lines of bassstrings.com?

2. vox_rox

vox_rox

Well, I had always used Strings and Beyond for my guitar strings because they ship free to US and Canada on orders over $35 - so I would just order multiple packs of strings and - TaDa - free shipping. And pretty good service too.

I have not ordered Bass strings yet as I only just bought my first bass (Squier Jag SS) and I'm still using the strings that it came with. Until I get a better feel for the instrument and what kind of strings I want to play on, I'll stick to these.

They do have 160 products listed under Bass Strings, so you should be able to find something. And with the crappy looney, free shipping is always nice.

Peace
    Pierre

---
    Squier Jaguar Short Scale Club #116
    ---
    There is no such thing as strong coffee, only weak people.
    ---

3. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

4. kbuschmann

kbuschmann Supporting Member

And fast, and with lots of good advice when you need it.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MICKUSS

MICKUSS

Definitely! I'm in Nova Scotia and got my order in about 20 days. $11 shipping isn't bad if you're buying a few sets.

7. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

You want a string dealer or a comparable one? As a Canadian I can tell you that you will not find a better deal that Jason at BSO, especially since he dropped his Canadian shipping rate. It is cheaper for me to get a pack of 6 string DRs from him with shipping than it is to go to L&M and buy them, and then wait god knows how long for them to actually show up.

Ensure you sign up with your TB account at BSO and order 2 packs, you save more than enough to make it worth it.

8. bachlover

Thanks for the advice, guys. My main concern was brokerage fees, as that turned out to be an unpleasant surprise ordering tubes from the states ($50.00 - yow!).

9. bassfart

bassfart Gold Supporting Member

Jason ships USPS so no brokerage fees

10. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

They shipped via a courier or the package was rather expensive ($150+ in my experience.)

When importing always ship USPS, otherwise you are guaranteed mystery charges. If a seller does not ship USPS I usually do not conduct business with them. There is more upfront cost but it is always the cheaper option in the end. USPS does have brokerage fees, just only on expensive items.

11. bachlover

Yeh, UPS around $140.

12. corndog

corndog Supporting Member

You're in Nova Scotia not Greenland. 20 days! That is anything but fast.

13. jmlee

jmlee Catgut? Not funny. Supporting Member

Ordering from Jason always feels good, but the shipping is slow via USPS. I ordered some bass strings from him recently and guitar strings from JustStrings on the same day (both Stateside shipping to Halifax via post). The JustStrings package was here in four days, the BassStringsOnline package two weeks later. No idea why.

14. El Tookay

El Tookay Supporting Member

15. BioWeapon

BioWeapon

Another shoutout for Jason at BSO!
    Cheap prices, Cheap shipping, and I got my strings in just over a week. Awesome stuff.

16. Hawkbone

Hawkbone Supporting Member

17. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

I am Canadian and buy all my strings from Strings and Beyond. Shipping is free over $35 but also it seems they have free shipping special almost every other month. They ship USPS. So there are no brokerage fees and I get my strings 2 - 4 days after I order. Just a great company.

18. kbuschmann

kbuschmann Supporting Member

I'm also in N.S. and get my orders in 8 - 10 days.

19. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

If you are looking for TI strings, you cannot beat moogaudio.com. They do not list them on their website but you may be able to order them through the phone. I buy all my TI strings at their brick and mortar store, 59.99 is hard to beat. Other than that, L&M online sometimes has some interesting stuff in stock, but, yeah, BSO is probably still your best bet.