1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Cannot find this bass anywhere

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Amcmann95, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Amcmann95

Amcmann95

I have literally searched hours for a place to find this bass. Its one of the basses the bassist from anberlin uses. Its a Jaguar body with 2 jazz pu's, but no switches on the pickguard. the closest I can find is a squier model with a p/j combo.

Here is a photo of it: http://m4.i.pbase.com/g5/40/326640/2/100664034.NWy9vUJ7.jpg

It doesnt look like it has a fender logo on it. Custom build possibly?
  2. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Looks like a custom build of some sort to me. The body is a slab body and the neck looks to me to be a P width. Pretty cool.
  3. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

It's a custom build you should post something on their Facebook page or contact their manager kyle@pmmla.com for some info.
  4. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham

5. vdub75

vdub75

you can get s/th like that by modding a fender modern player JAguar
  6. bgressman82

bgressman82

no logo on the headstock leads me to believe it's a replacement neck. more than likely a replacement body as well. control cover looks to be the "straight" jazz bass type rather than the the "curved" jaguar type. basslines pickups. it's a parts bass.
  7. Amcmann95

Amcmann95

Thanks for the replies guys,

Sean--I had seen that thread before but the info is outdated-- that bass is from his rig around 03. The pictures are super sweet though.

As far as the pickguard goes-- do you guys know a place that would make one like that with the jazz slot? or do you think that was custom made?
  8. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Probably custom made, but this SX Jag bass looks almost like it. extra knob though, and different headstock but same color and pickguard..
    http://www.rondomusic.com/ursa4jrrnvwh1.html

This is the short scale version, there a standard scale length version too, but it's not the same color as your pic.

Attached Files: