Cant find the bass I want in Canada need help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blackcatbones, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Blackcatbones

Blackcatbones

No surprise there lol
    I am trying to track down a black Peavey grind six string.
    Ive been looking online with no luck. Ive called all the music shops and only one said they could get one but it would be very difficult and expensive. Whats the deal ? Could somebody please help me with this.
    I have found an Ibanez GSR 206 but decent price takes a month to arrive. But for the price I would like to go with the Grind if possible.
    Thanks !
  2. Joebarnes

Joebarnes

Where in Canada do you live? I live in BC close to the border and have a mail delivery service in Blaine, Washington so that I can have equipment shipped there, since many U.S. companies won't ship to Canada.
  3. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

I do this too, except I'm using Point Roberts, WA. Plus, you qualify for all those US companies offering free shipping within US over $###.
  4. Farfetched

Farfetched

Someone should do a Vancouver GTG....
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassman74

bassman74 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    soon to become reviewer and interviewer for EADG mag
    There is one in trois-rivières (province of quebec) in a store but you can take a look at it if you do a search on kijiji it's 475$ plus tax
  7. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

I'm in; I would love to join! We should really open a new thread in the Social Events forum, rather than "hijacking" the OP's post looking for a black Peavey Grind 6.
  8. OUT51D3R

OUT51D3R

Yeah, with a quick look, I can't seem to find it on any of the Canadian sites either. Though axemusic.com has the natural finish Grind 6 as a special order item for $500(this is the MSRP), I would imagine they could probably get the black one too.

You shouldn't have to wait a month for a GSR 206. Axemusic has it in stock for $330, and their delivery time is about 2 weeks in my experience. Long & McQuade sells it for $335, and has it in stock online and at their store in my city(along with many of their other stores). Long & McQuade online orders are a bit faster than axemusic, in my experience. Both offer free shipping.
  9. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

There's a Dealer by me that had a 6 string Grind last time I was in. I'll check Monday.
  10. Blackcatbones

Blackcatbones

I have a place as well on the US side by Sumas Washington I never thought of using it for this. I could have my sister in Vancouver pick it up. The main problem is im currently living and working in Northern BC about four hours North of Prince George. This is turning into a pretty good thread lots of ideas. What would it cost to ship something like that North, ball park figure ? I could make a run but it would be a couple months. Thanks !
  11. MakoMan

MakoMan

12. Blackcatbones

Blackcatbones

Wow that is a really good price for the used one !
    Does anybody know what Axemusic.com's rep is like ? I could call tomorrow and see if they can get the black.
  13. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

My friend lives in Calgary. Axemusic is the shop he frequently visits.
  14. Blackcatbones

Blackcatbones

Nice in Calgary too! I have to go that direction in a bout a week.
    Thanks!
  15. awilkie84

awilkie84

There's a pawn shop in Nanaimo, BC that is a Peavey dealer. They were willing to order me in a Grind 5 when I was interested.

Nicol St Pawn Brokers is the name of the business. They have a website & I'm sure they'd be willing to ship to you.

BTW, the Grind is a really nice Neckthru, for the price.

The guy at Axe is great! He's also the closest Spector dealer to me & I've spoken with him from time to time about parts.
  16. Blackcatbones

Blackcatbones

Im really set on the Grind because I already have a 4 string Grind. Im also set on black just because im not really a wood finish kind of guy... but then whats in a color. I called Axe and they seemed nice to deal with so far but they dont get the six string in black just the 5. Why is it so hard to find a black 6 here ? ATM its looking like a border run might be the only option. Or a repaint but that seems expensive and extreme.
    Should I just suck it up and go with the natural wood ? $499 is a good price. its half the price I payed for my 4 string lol.
  17. Blackcatbones

Blackcatbones

I contacted Nicol St Pawn Brokers they might be able to help. They have to look into it and call me back later this week. Fingers crossed.