cant stop eating......

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Icey101, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Icey101

Icey101

ok i'm entering into middle age, end of this year just dont know whats wrong, i have been eating more, nibbling at home. I work out at the gym but now i have this role of fat around my guy, its not a big deal at the moment but i and lacking motivation to slim it down, probably carrying an extra 5 kg which i can usually manage but this year its just getting harder....

Yeh i know, eat better, more cardio, but i just get this pain in the gut when i get home to want to eat and its damn hard to fight it
  2. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Just a case of forcing self control for a few weeks until eating less and doing more becomes habit.

Are there any new stressors that could be leaving you with a heightened appetite?
  3. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

In addition to what mohawk said, a good idea (and one I practice) is to work some healthy and satisfying snacks into your grocery store budget. That way your nibbling can be an aid to your metabolism, rather than an adversary to your belly :)
  4. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

why fight the pain? embrace the pain. enjoy the pain. go hungry.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

Isn't 5 kg like only 3 pounds? How does that constitute a roll? Are you vertically challenged? :confused:
  7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Try & stop eating after a certain time in the evening...say 8:00 PM. Or, select a eating schedule & stick to it.

It ain't easy...there aren't enough food choices that intentionally taste bad.
  8. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

5 Kg is 11lbs

(1Kg = ~ 2.2lbs)
  9. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

No, multiply kg by 2.2 to get pounds.

lowsound
  10. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Good shout!
  11. hbarcat

hbarcat

1 Kg = 2.2 lbs.

so:
    5 Kg = 11 lbs
  12. guroove

guroove

Get rid of foods in your house that are made entirely of sugar and starch, like cakes, candies, and cookies. Those are the ones that get you hooked on nibbling. Soups with lots of vegetables are very filling and won't add to your gut. I also like the idea of setting a time that you can't eat past.
  13. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

Thank you! :)

Good points, especially about the heavy veg'd soups. I'm gonna take that into consideration myself, especially with the cold weather. I've put on about 14lbs myself in the past month :(
  14. uOpt

uOpt Supporting Member

Is it possible that you are trying to restrict yourself to unsatisfactory main meals (for weight loss) and that this makes you snack hunting?

If so, don't do that, satisfying main meals are essential to controlling your weight (unless you have ninja willpower but then who does?).
  15. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

I eat when i'm feeling down.....
  16. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

allright, got it LOL...

If it's late at night, drink a glass of water instead...will fill you up just fine.
  17. hgiles

hgiles

Instead of eating I just chew on a musical instrument.....i.e. -- practice! Then I look up and two hours have gone by!
  18. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

This happens when your metabolism starts to slow down, AND it seems you are bored. It is real easy for this to get out of control. If you are working out, then
    - You are not working out enough or properly or often enough
    - You are doing a lot more than "nibbling".

Most likely it is not the nibbling, it is that you are eating too much in your normal meals, and perhaps the wrong foods, and perhaps too late in the day. I find that as I got older, I need only a very small amount of food now to feel satisfied. As mentioned above - stop eating carbs - they spike your blood sugar and make you even hungrier when it drops again. It is better if you mix them with protein - this slows down the absorption.

Your workouts should raise your heart rate quite a bit, and for 20 mins or more and at LEAST 3-4 times a week. Working out once a week is worse than not working out at all. I get up early every day and go power walking while pumping a couple of small weights for 20-30 mins (2 miles). Lost 30 lbs by just doing that, got stronger and of course lost several pants sizes. I also don't eat late and eat less.
  19. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Of course you can stop eating, but you might not like the results.