Canvas Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by berwick63, Jun 7, 2011.

1. berwick63

berwick63

2. Green Mind

Green Mind

I've only ever seen the three or four models they had advertised in some Guitar World/Bass Guitar issues a few years ago.

Congrats on the new bass though.
  3. Muddslide

Muddslide

I remember seeing some ads for Canvas guitars a few years back. They had a solidbody electric with no cutaways that I was interested in (though not for upper fret access obviously!)

All I really recall--and even this may be incorrect--was that they were a Canadian company, though they almost surely had their instruments made offshore somewhere.

Never tried one or saw one in person. Sorry, that's all I know, but congrats on the score.
  4. berwick63

berwick63

From what I've found out, they're hand made Chinese instruments. Thanks anyway though:)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

the les paul bass comes highly recommended by my old bass teacher

i've played the pbass ones, and i have to be honest for 100 bucks i'd probably pick one up if i didn't already have 3 fender style basses,

they played nice, sounded pretty good, would probably be sufficient through a nice amp, i can't speak for their longevity though
  7. berwick63

berwick63

The LP style one is the one I got. I either play through a Crate BXH-220 or a Fender 75w Rumble. Sounds awesome through both.
  8. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

It looks like a Fender-Paul.
  9. CDHawkins

CDHawkins

I had one up until 2 weeks ago. It was stolen, but I hope to get it back. Loved it. Similar to a P Bass neck, was using it for drop D songs. Here's a pic.

Awful neck heavy. Only solution I could find was a suede strap and locking buttons. Tried moving the factory buttons, but didn't help.

Attached Files: