1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Canvas Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by berwick63, Jun 7, 2011.

1. berwick63

berwick63

2. Green Mind

Green Mind

I've only ever seen the three or four models they had advertised in some Guitar World/Bass Guitar issues a few years ago.

Congrats on the new bass though.
  3. Muddslide

Muddslide

I remember seeing some ads for Canvas guitars a few years back. They had a solidbody electric with no cutaways that I was interested in (though not for upper fret access obviously!)

All I really recall--and even this may be incorrect--was that they were a Canadian company, though they almost surely had their instruments made offshore somewhere.

Never tried one or saw one in person. Sorry, that's all I know, but congrats on the score.
  4. berwick63

berwick63

From what I've found out, they're hand made Chinese instruments. Thanks anyway though:)
  5. mpdd

mpdd Supporting Member

the les paul bass comes highly recommended by my old bass teacher

i've played the pbass ones, and i have to be honest for 100 bucks i'd probably pick one up if i didn't already have 3 fender style basses,

they played nice, sounded pretty good, would probably be sufficient through a nice amp, i can't speak for their longevity though
  6. berwick63

berwick63

The LP style one is the one I got. I either play through a Crate BXH-220 or a Fender 75w Rumble. Sounds awesome through both.
  7. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

It looks like a Fender-Paul.
  8. CDHawkins

CDHawkins

I had one up until 2 weeks ago. It was stolen, but I hope to get it back. Loved it. Similar to a P Bass neck, was using it for drop D songs. Here's a pic.

Awful neck heavy. Only solution I could find was a suede strap and locking buttons. Tried moving the factory buttons, but didn't help.

Attached Files: