1. Welcome to the premier online bass player community and classifieds!

Register a free account to remove in-screen ads.

Car Accident

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MadMan118, Jan 19, 2013.

1. MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    So today I was driving my latest automotive acquisition, an 05 Taurus, new tires, new camshaft position sensor, just washed and waxed and *bam* an old lady puled right out in front of me on a main road, 4 lanes of traffic at 45-50 mph. My car plowed right through her car throwing it up off the road into a grassy business frontage while I continued to roll for 100 ft with no brakes of any kind. I'm sore but alive, pics to come when I can go out to the tow yard tomorrow. I can certainly say (some)fords are some dang solid cars.
  2. A crash writing off two cars but letting you walk away and type is pretty lucky.
  3. We're just glad you're back, able to post about your experience. Sometimes it doesn't work out quite to that effect.
  4. ErebusBass

Feb 20, 2008
    Madison, WI
    Glad to hear you're alright. I injured my neck in an accident in 2007 and it seriously ****ed up my life for a couple years. You'll get a new car, you can't get a new body.
  5. Sponsored by:

6. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Thou shall not F*** up the groove Supporting Member

Welcome back, MadMan118 :)

We are very happy that you are okay and still among us.
  7. St Drogo

St Drogo

Oct 9, 2009
    Wait. What happend to the (i presume) fragile little old lady?
  8. MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    She is alive and well, she beat me to to the punch on calling the insurance company by a good 45 mins actually.
  9. Wow, glad everyone is safe.

About 10 years ago I was driving an F650 and an F250 turned in front of me. Both were totaled. I walked away, the other dude was hurt, not sure how bad.
  10. I'm glad you're OK, what were the extent of your/all involved injuries?
  11. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology: Protecting the Pocket since 2007
  12. MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    Luckily I had no equipment in the car at the time. The lady that hit me is still okay as far as I know. I'm a bit sore but none worse for wear.
  13. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Sorry about your car & accident. Hope insurance covers the costs...double check your 'soreness'.