1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Carl Martin Opto vs Rothwell Love Squeeze

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by manchild, Dec 28, 2013.

1. manchild

manchild

Hey folks,

I want to get a compressor pedal and have narrowed it down to the 2 above. Been reading a lot of stuff on these on here and elswehere and would like to know how you would comare them.

Is the Love Squeeze worth the extra money?

I would like a compressor for the sound and effect and I am wondering if the Love Squeeze is maybe too transparent. That said - I dont want it to sound overly processsed and intrusive either.

Does the RLS compress well at max level?

How does it sound eq/tone wise to the CM Opto?

I have a passive Yamaha BB414 mostly using the P pup which I intend to DI only at gigs and prob recordings as I like a completly clean full range sound.

Thanks.

2. Swift713

Swift713

Have you read ovnilab.com?

3. HeavyJazz77

HeavyJazz77 Supporting Member

Even after going through Ovnilab you'll be all the keener to buy both and work through them for yourself. ;) Good luck!

4. manchild

manchild

Hey Swift713,

Yeah read both reviews (amoungst others, hence why I like idea of either of these 2) - just wanted more of a direct comparrison between the two if anyone has had both.

Thanks.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. manchild

manchild

Yeah if money was no object id just do that HeveyJazz77 :p cheers.

7. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    If you want ANY tonal effect or ANY noticeable squishy effect then you do not want the Rothwell. The Rothwell is smaller, and has clearer highs; the Carl Martin has more control over the response.

8. manchild

manchild

Thanks Bongo - I think il go with the CM in that case :)
    On another note i noticed that the newer versions of the Punch Factory have a DI out on them which would be something of use to me as I DI to the board a lot and will need to get my own DI soon anyway.

I know you havn't reviewed this articular model but if it is electronically the same or simular to the older one would this be a good compression device to use or would the CM still be the better choice?

9. BFunk

BFunk Gold Supporting Member

My advise is get the best DI you can afford if you care at all about the sound that is going to the FOH.

10. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I can't comment on the last (now discontinued) version of the Punch Factory, since I have no real info. But if it was my money, I'd get the CM and a separate DI.

11. manchild

manchild

Nice one guys, thanks for the info - CM on its way :)