1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Carlo Robelli 8 String (ubd510) Setup Question

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Johnny78, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Johnny78

Johnny78

Has Anyone Ever Set One Of These Up???
    I Just Purchased One And Received It Today, And A Setup Is Much Needed But I Have No Clue What To Do With This Bridge.
    Any Help\Guidance Would Much Be Appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Herrlster

Herrlster

Adjust the two screws on the side of the bridge to lift, lower it?

3. phillybass101

phillybass101

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Brubaker Guitars, Tecamp Bass Players Gear
    I have one of these and I lowered the bridge as much as I could by adjusting the screws on the bridge. New strings will help as well. I'm thinking about modding mine with a JB pickup towards the bridge for more bass response. It's actually up for sale in the classifieds right now,

4. emblymouse

emblymouse I Dig A Pony Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Lakland**Bag End**Schroeder
    Yes, I had one too. This is actually a good bridge for a budget bass, you can intonate each string with it's own saddle.
    Mine had dual trussrods, I assume this would too. That is potentially tricky. Site down the neck pointing the headstock at a light source. If it looks uniform side to side then if you do any trussrod adjustment make sure to match the 2 turn for turn. Otherwise you can even it out if it has a twist by tightening/loosening one more than the other. (I think Rickenbakers are like this too, right?)

5. Register to disable this ad