1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Carlo Robelli 8 String (ubd510) Setup Question

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Johnny78, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Johnny78

Johnny78

Has Anyone Ever Set One Of These Up???
    I Just Purchased One And Received It Today, And A Setup Is Much Needed But I Have No Clue What To Do With This Bridge.
    Any Help\Guidance Would Much Be Appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Herrlster

Herrlster

Adjust the two screws on the side of the bridge to lift, lower it?
  3. phillybass101

phillybass101 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Brubaker Guitars
    I have one of these and I lowered the bridge as much as I could by adjusting the screws on the bridge. New strings will help as well. I'm thinking about modding mine with a JB pickup towards the bridge for more bass response. It's actually up for sale in the classifieds right now,
  4. emblymouse

emblymouse I Dig A Pony Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Lakland**Bag End**Schroeder
    Yes, I had one too. This is actually a good bridge for a budget bass, you can intonate each string with it's own saddle.
    Mine had dual trussrods, I assume this would too. That is potentially tricky. Site down the neck pointing the headstock at a light source. If it looks uniform side to side then if you do any trussrod adjustment make sure to match the 2 turn for turn. Otherwise you can even it out if it has a twist by tightening/loosening one more than the other. (I think Rickenbakers are like this too, right?)