Carvin 2x10 cab

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by svp, Mar 15, 2014.

1. svp

svp

Anybody have any experience with the BR or BRX Pro series 2x10 cabinet, feedback appreciated:)

2. Grateful

Grateful Supporting Member

The BR is Carvin's sealed, least expensive 210. Not a bad cab at all, especially 'for the money'.

The BRX is ported and tuned differently and is an excellent cab, capable of plenty of clean volume deep lows. No problems being a standalone cab. I wish I still had mine.

Between those 2, the BRX is definitely my recommendation.

3. cromag31

cromag31 Supporting Member

BRX is the way to go for the price! I've played and owned many high end cabs and when back to car vin BRX! I'm using a carvin power amp and a demeter 201S pre, sounds killer...

4. cromag31

cromag31 Supporting Member

let me tell you, i have the demeter 201s pre with a carvin hd1500 amp and a 2x10 BRX cab, the sound is amazing! this combination is hands down the best sound i have heard.... I'm also using a musician stingray, but i can also tell you i have used almost every cab, amp and this sound set up is incredible.......... i also have the Darkglass B3K and i can do teddy lee better than teddy lee! really....im not joking.. so forget all those expensive cabs out there, the BRX series is incredible, even if the speakers are asian, as some on here say.....you will not be disappointed i promise you, and with the right combination of components you will have the most ridiculous set up and sound........

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads. Supporting Member

Last year I got the BX-500 head, which I love, along with the BR. I am not thrilled with the sound (but I like a really deep clear tone).

7. sonic 7

sonic 7 Supporting Member

I have the BRX 210 , great cab, really loud and clear , deep lows as a stand alone 210. No experience with the BR cabs , but just judging by the specs if I were just using one as a stand alone cab I'd go with the BRX

8. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    I use an MB series 210 and it does not disappoint. But that's not very relevant. ;)

9. spaz21387

spaz21387

I use 2 of the MBE 2x10s stacked vertically. for a 32 pound 2x10 they are great. I highly recommend them.

10. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

There was a joker here last year wanting help to eq his pair for a boisterous funk band. I think they were the sealed ones. He wasn't short of volume on the youtube.

11. irebollar94

irebollar94

Great sound and clarity. before I played off a fender bassman 250 and it wont even compare to how great the carvin 2 10's sound.

12. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    They're 32 lbs? I thought they were in the mid 20's. :bag: But seriously, the only better 210 I owned weighed more than twice as much and required a lot more power to sound good.

13. wyleeboxer

wyleeboxer Supporting Member

I have the older model BRX 10.2 neo, 2 of them if needed. Great cabs as a standalone 210 which I use for 90% of my gigs with my old SWR 350 (AE modded of course).

If the newer BRX cabs are anything like mine (which I'm curious about?) I would say go for the BRX all the way, except the 4ohm can be a bit tough to work with if you don't have an amp capable of going down to 2ohms?