1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Carvin bass cab troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Koie11, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Koie11

Koie11

I have a carvin brx10.4 neo cab that stopped working for no good reason one day and I haven't had enough money to take it in to a place to have them see what's wrong with it or repair it. The only sign of life is that when I turn the tweeter volume up it makes this crackling noise when I strum my bass.. Does this mean all 4 of the speakers are blown? Is it something with the electronics? Any help or advice would be appreciated

2. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

Doubt all four speakers would fail at the same time, even on a Carvin. Sounds like a loose/bad connection to the cone speakers.

3. TJBass

TJBass

corroded input jack or maybe a wire came loose from one of the speakers which depending on how they are wired, may render them all "disconnected." Take an old speaker or guitar cable, plug it into the speaker input jack, then take a 9 volt battery and touch it to the loose end of the cable so the plus side touches the tip and the negative side touches the ring part of the connector on the loose end. The speakers should move, if they dont, you have a broken connection somewhere.

4. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Even on a Carvin? Come on man, I've seen about two people (out of about 100) say they blew a driver on a BRX cab. Then you got your fEARful guys who say, "I thought the 400 dollar Carvin cab was great until I bought a 1200 dollar fEARFUL!".

wHATEVA!! :meh:

5. Register to disable this ad