1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Carvin BR210-4C as a stand alone?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by jessicabass, Mar 29, 2014.

1. jessicabass

jessicabass

Was wondering if anyone has used this in a band setting on its own?
    4ohms and 400W seem nice tight and compact.

2. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

You should go to the Carvin forum and sign up there. Lots of cool people and they're tried everything. My feeling is you're fine for lower volume gigs using the BR210 as a standalone, but with say a 500w head, you might burn it because it's not that powerful. You're better off getting the 8 ohm version unless the head is around 200-300 watts at 4 ohms. The Carvin BX250, the GK MB200, the Ampeg PF350.. heads like that would pair nicely with the 4 ohm version.

3. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

I bought this cabinet to pair with my Ampeg PF500. My advice? Get the 8 ohm version. You could handle a small gig with the 1 cab @ 4ohms, but that's about it.

The BR210-4C is a sealed cabinet, and just doesn't have the low end to handle much as a stand alone. A pair of 8 ohm cabs would do much better.

4. jessicabass

jessicabass

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Wisdom. Nice cab, well built, priced right...I'd snag two because you know you'll be wanting a second cab!

This will make a killer vertical stack.

Riis

7. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Riis basically voiced my thoughts. If you are going to play gigs, a single 2x10 will not be enough. A pair, in a vertical stack, is indeed a versatile system.

8. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

2x10 is enough for me to play function dances at energetic volume for the dancefloor while the back of the room struggles on with conversation. Doubling up cabs gives a fuller sound and lets drummer hit hard for total room domination if warranted.