Carvin BRX10.2 Cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by hsech, Apr 6, 2013.

1. hsech

hsech I can feel the love....... Gold Supporting Member

I just got home from a gig using my new Carvin BRX10.2 cabinet. I ran it through a Carvin BX500 head. I was absolutely amazed at the low end the cab produced in the club where we were playing. It was shaking the room. The guitarist and drummer also were pleasantly surprised. If the 2x10 cab produces that much low end I wonder what my BRX10.4 cab through my Carvin B2000 will sound like. My old cabs never got this amazing thump.

:D
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Cool when a new purchase works out. Way to go!
  3. liam_g

liam_g

Cool. I used to gig a BRX 10.2 Neo with a BX500, and thought it was a great rig. I still have the cab and a BX500, but find myself gigging my series I GK 700RB into my 2x Carvin 112AG stack more often. The BRX cabs are a great line, though!

Cheers,
    Liam
  4. Jarrett

Jarrett

The BX500 and BRX2.10 combo is seriously underrated in both power and just how awesome it is. Handles my low B like a champ where other rigs just give up down there. It's my goto rig these days. I've wondered many times if the BRX 2x10 is this powerful, what the heck would the BRX 4x10 do?! Or a pair of them?!?! Scary.

By the way, as much as I dig my BX500/BRX2.10, I'm blown away by my Carvin SB5000's even more. Simply great basses.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. hsech

Here I am gigging with the BRX10.2 and the BX500 last night. We had 50 to 60 people in the club and it really shook the room.

[​IMG]
  7. joe vegas

joe vegas

that's a great shot. great energy!
  8. hsech

You have to give us a break. We are all retired and in our middle 60's.
  9. cavedweller

cavedweller

I run the same rig and agree,those 210's are like none other that I have used,they are fantastic cabs.
  10. hobbes1

hobbes1

:) I thought the poster sounded sincere. I thought it was a great shot too and didn't spend any time thinking about the age of the band. rock on!
  11. 5port

5port

Dont forget to try placing it on its side and play it vertical. I use mine vertical about 90% of the time.
  12. Jarrett

Jarrett

Me too, I like mine vertical.
  13. richntiff

richntiff

I have 2 of the brx 10.2 cabs - I can't WAIT until we have a gig where I need both of them :) agree with the others -run it vertical
  14. hsech

I guess you are right. A lot of times you get jazzed by younger guys when you are an old musician. I think some younger players don't stop to think that they will be retired some day and hopefully still playing. We play blues (SRV, BB King, Muddy Waters, etc). For being older guys we don't have any trouble getting frequent, decent paying gigs.
  15. Marko5657

Marko5657 Supporting Member

I plan on retiring this year, I just put together a band with some friends, and barring any unforeseen circumstances, music/band is what I plan to focus on for the duration.

:)
  16. vinxbass

vinxbass

I used a BX500 and BRX 10.2 for 3 yrs, always sounded great.
  17. G

G

I love mine - always vertical too. I use an ampwedge sometimes as well for a little lift.
  18. RJMiller

RJMiller Supporting Member

The 10.4 does sound awesome. I had mine rewired so it has 2 pairs at 4 ohms so I can use both sides of my Mesa Strategy sterio tube amp.

I have had Dr. Bass, Bag End and Accugroove cabs and prefer the Carvin. Nothing "wrong" with the other cabs I've owned except the Carvin has the voicing I prefer.

Rather lame thinking, but stayed away from Carvin because I wasn't sure of the quality or sound at the selling price. But, couldn't pass up the chance to buy a used BRX10.4 and am happy I did.

RJM
  19. kramerj

kramerj Supporting Member

I bought a second 10.2 to stack vertically for bigger venues. Thus far, one cab has been sufficient, even for a large wedding. Have yet to use the two cabs together...maybe when we play Yankee Stadium. They are sturdy, loud little beasts!
  20. Scott1

Scott1 Supporting Member

Do you mean that you only use one cab, or that you can't wait to turn up the two?
  21. Scott1

Scott1 Supporting Member

No put down intended, but I can't believe you wouldn't use the vertical stack and eq and turn down for the smaller venues. I think 2- 10.2 cabs sound Amazing, even at low volume.

I have 2 10.2 cabs and wouldn't think of ever playing them apart after hearing them together in a vertical stack. Thump, thump, thump. :)