Carvin BRX15.3! Anyone Got One?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Vintage Guy, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Vintage Guy

Vintage Guy Supporting Member

I am thinking of ordering one of these for my Christmas present to me. Anyone got one that can tell me how they like it?
  2. ntenny

ntenny

I've got one. I haven't gigged it or anything, but my feeling is that it's excellent bang for the buck, has a fairly "transparent" character so the sound of the bass and head count for a lot, has a nice combination of warmth and definition in the low end, not a lot of brightness in the high end, and doesn't *quite* fit in the back seat of a Pontiac G6. Externally it's built like a freakin' tank.

I like it but I'm not sure it's The Cabinet Of A Lifetime. But for the price? Definite win.

-NT
  3. Vintage Guy

Thanks for the great info,but need to find someone that gigs with one regularly.
  4. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

I'm gonna try one very soon at the Factory. I'll be back to report. Try the Carvin Bass Amp forum, might be some more info there.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. seamonkey

seamonkey

It blurs the lines between a FOH cabinet and a bass cabinet
    Price wise it looks to be a great value, but unless Carvin publishes measurements you won't have an easy way to compare them. It would be interesting to know if two of these can double duty as FOH.

Not everybody gigs the same, but a good formula these days is let the FOH handle the big load.

Carvin is moving into line arrays for FOH. I bet in a couple of years, they dump brx15.3 and hi-fi designs in favor of bass players just getting familiar cabs everyone else sells, and let the FOH do it's job.
  7. jnewmark

jnewmark Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Play guitar.
  8. Vintage Guy

Thanks for all the info. Just wish i could try one locally before I take the plunge on another Cabinet. Got way too many now!
  9. richntiff

richntiff

I have one BRX 10.2 (neo) and another should be on my doorstep tomorrow - can't compare to the 15.3 as I have not played it - but if the quality is as good as the 10.2, you will have a boutique quality cab at a MUCH lower price. My 10.2 (soon to be 10.2 STACK) absolutely POUNDS and sounds really really really really good. Really. I am tempted to get a 15.3 just for grins too :)