1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Carvin BX1600 / BX1500 Users

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by xbud, Mar 26, 2014.

1. xbud

xbud Supporting Member

Anyone else using this head yet? Or a BX1500 with the same issue?

I ask because I have one and I am liking the sound but there are a couple of things that just don't seem right.

First, I am getting a lot of amp hiss, I figured this is because it needs tweaked to find the right settings, but I found it doesn't matter how I adjust, weather I bypass the tube, or engage the equalizer, I am still getting the same cabinet hiss (tried multiple cabinets as well).

Called Carvin and talked one of the amp techs he asked me to unplug my bass from the amp and turn all of the volume knobs to noon and see if it makes the the same hiss, and it does. He tells me it is probably faulty and sends another one. The replacement is doing the same thing, It cant just be coincidence that I got two faulty amps? I am under the impression that this is just how they are and I need to decide if I can live with it.

Also if I plug in my Zoom MS-60B into the amp I get the Hiss with a high pitched hum as well.....anyone else using this combo?

Can anyone confirm this?

I appreciate the help.

2. 5port

5port

BX1500 user here. No hiss at all and I use the parametric and equalizer together. Had to clean cables with Deoxit a couple years ago and that's all. Runs like a Trane. I'm wondering what they changed that would cause hiss. Some of the ribbon cables in my amp are purposely twisted and I'm guessing that it was done to fight noises like hiss.

[​IMG]

3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Mine is quiet. Any hiss that you hear will be inaudible on stage. BX1500

4. Bill Whitehurst

Bill Whitehurst

Same here.
    Maybe the 1600 has some new issue that the 1500 didn't.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Raslee

Raslee

No issues with my BX1500 either. Have you tested leads & speakers?