1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Carvin cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by punisher911, Jan 10, 2013.

1. punisher911

punisher911

Does anyone here have or played through Carvin 15s? I'm interested in maybe switching from my HLF410 to 2 15s and Carvin has a great deal going on right now at 299 a piece. I was wondering if anyone can describe the sound of them?

2. bampilot06

bampilot06

3. subbasshz

subbasshz

Disclosures:
    Im addicted to punishing volume.
    looooved my carvin b1500 amp HATED the matching 8x10. farted out so early. cab seemed like it was built good enough, just was no match for that amp. :idk:

4. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066

Going to assume you are talking about the BR115's?

The cabinets themselves a built fairly well when compared with most other cabs in this price range. They use a poplar plywood for most of the construction as opposed to OSB or MDF...I'm not a fan of they vinyl however...

The drivers are just ok in my opinion... they remind me of the drivers Peavey uses for their Headliner series

Their BRX 15 is a much better driver in terms of tone

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Thundar

Thundar Supporting Member

7. rockman1

rockman1

i got a br115 cab for christmas.i upgraded to the 600w 4ohm speaker to handle my hartke LH500 head.i have a vintage acoustic 301 cab with a carvin 500w 4ohm 18 in it.i want to downsize but still keep the power.nobody makes a 4ohm speaker with enough power for a 500w head.they are all 8ohm.you need to run 2 8ohm cabs to get 4ohms,i do not want to do that.i have not had the chance to check out the cab at practice because the drummer is having some medical issues right now.the acoustic 301 is so insane,i have to velcro any head to it no matter how heavy it is or it will vibrate off.it is one awsome cab.