1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Carvin Direct Purchasers - A Question...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ArtechnikA, Feb 22, 2014.

1. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

I've got a couple of things on my Carvin wish list.
    For those that have bought direct - here's my question...

"Sometimes" when buying something direct, one of the things in the package is a coupon that says "Thanks - here's a xx% off coupon for your next purchase."

Do they do anything like that?

Makes a difference if I put everything in one order, or buy the less-pricey thing first...
  2. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

I've bought a few things from Carvin over the years and have always had good luck with their products. My latest experience was sending in a used amp I'd bought from a local guy that they fixed for me at no charge. To say I was impressed with their customer service would be an understatement.
  3. ArtechnikA

Thanks.
    I have no qualms about the products, just trying to maximize my investment.
    If they were to offer a discount 'on your next purchase' (seen it happen elsewhere) it would affect what I bought in what order...
  4. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties Supporting Member

To the best of my recollection, no. No coupons - or anything like that.

I'm not sure I understand your concern. In my (extensive) experience, you'll obtain the same high quality at the same competitive price - regardless of whether you purchase in small lots or in large lots. The only advantage to purchasing multiple small items (i.e. accessories) in one order is that you'll save a few bucks in shipping charges.

MM
  5. ArtechnikA

It's not a concern, other than trying to maximize the shopping experience. I've had it happen often enough that I thought I'd ask.

F'rinstance - You buy product 'A' and when it arrives there's discount "thanks for being a new customer here's a coupon code for x% off your next purchase." So you buy product 'B' to take advantage of the discount opportunity.

In my case, products 'A' and 'B' are $150 and $400. If there were a 'welcome new customer x% off' coupon, I'd be better off spending the $150 first...
  6. Bassman Ski

Bassman Ski Supporting Member

7. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Supporting Member

I've received catalogs with coupon codes after placing orders, so yes - you may be well-advised to place a bigger order after a smaller one. But I suspect the size of the discount relates to the size of the initial order anyway, so it may net out the same.
  8. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

i did get a coupon (email) after I bought my SB5000 I never needed anything else from them so I never used it.
  9. ArtechnikA

I placed my 'little' order today and the big one will have to wait for tax refund anyway, so we will see how it plays out...