Carvin Direct Purchasers - A Question...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ArtechnikA, Feb 22, 2014.

1. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

I've got a couple of things on my Carvin wish list.
    For those that have bought direct - here's my question...

"Sometimes" when buying something direct, one of the things in the package is a coupon that says "Thanks - here's a xx% off coupon for your next purchase."

Do they do anything like that?

Makes a difference if I put everything in one order, or buy the less-pricey thing first...

2. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

I've bought a few things from Carvin over the years and have always had good luck with their products. My latest experience was sending in a used amp I'd bought from a local guy that they fixed for me at no charge. To say I was impressed with their customer service would be an understatement.

3. ArtechnikA

Thanks.
    I have no qualms about the products, just trying to maximize my investment.
    If they were to offer a discount 'on your next purchase' (seen it happen elsewhere) it would affect what I bought in what order...

4. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

To the best of my recollection, no. No coupons - or anything like that.

I'm not sure I understand your concern. In my (extensive) experience, you'll obtain the same high quality at the same competitive price - regardless of whether you purchase in small lots or in large lots. The only advantage to purchasing multiple small items (i.e. accessories) in one order is that you'll save a few bucks in shipping charges.

MM

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ArtechnikA

It's not a concern, other than trying to maximize the shopping experience. I've had it happen often enough that I thought I'd ask.

F'rinstance - You buy product 'A' and when it arrives there's discount "thanks for being a new customer here's a coupon code for x% off your next purchase." So you buy product 'B' to take advantage of the discount opportunity.

In my case, products 'A' and 'B' are $150 and $400. If there were a 'welcome new customer x% off' coupon, I'd be better off spending the $150 first...

7. Bassman Ski

Bassman Ski Supporting Member

8. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Supporting Member

I've received catalogs with coupon codes after placing orders, so yes - you may be well-advised to place a bigger order after a smaller one. But I suspect the size of the discount relates to the size of the initial order anyway, so it may net out the same.

9. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

i did get a coupon (email) after I bought my SB5000 I never needed anything else from them so I never used it.

10. ArtechnikA

I placed my 'little' order today and the big one will have to wait for tax refund anyway, so we will see how it plays out...