1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Carvin LB75

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by edasaurus_rex, Dec 12, 2013.

1. edasaurus_rex

edasaurus_rex

I was looking into purchasing a carvin lb 75 fretless how ever I noticed some of the fret lines were a little cracked, would that be something easy to fix?

2. javadog

javadog

If you don't get a good answer here there is another subcategory for hardware setup and repair.

3. edasaurus_rex

edasaurus_rex

4. IronSpatula

IronSpatula

Just cracks across the inlaid lines? You could probably just put a few drops of thin super glue in the cracks, then sand/buff to make the repair level and the same sheen as the rest of the fingerboard.

That should work even if the lines themselves are pretty messed up, provided that the fingerboard itself is in ok condition.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. javadog

javadog

Call a repair shop, or luthier close to where you live and ask them. I doubt you'd want to ship it someplace to get that fixed, but if it was a great deal and you were going to keep it a while it might be worth it. If it was a bolt on you'd only have to send the neck!

7. bhunt1

bhunt1 Supporting Member

LB 75 is a neck through, so taking it to a local luthier is the best option.

8. edasaurus_rex

edasaurus_rex

Sweet thanks for the feed back :)