1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Carvin LB76 owners question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by project43, Mar 7, 2014.

1. project43

project43

Anyone who owns a Carvin LB76 who also owns a Fender P or Jazz. I have a LB76F from 1999 and am interested in a Cronkite gig bag. After emailing with Glenn, he only makes cases to Fender sizes now. If someone who has both would be so kind as to take measurements/hold side by side, etc... and let me know if the Carvin will fit well into a case designed around Fender sizes. Thank you, Frank

2. funkybass

funkybass

Carvin now makes a really nice gig bag
    Sorry I can't answer your question, but you might check the Carvin bag out.

3. project43

project43

Thanks, I checked out the new Carvin bag at NAMM this year and I do like it. I have one of Glenn's gig bags for my trombone and to me the quality is a little better. If the Cronkite does not work out then I'll most likely go with the Carvin bag. Frank

4. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Non Serviam Supporting Member

I have an LB76W and a Fender P-bass. The P-bass came with a gig bag, but I normally keep it in a Gator case. To my surprise, the LB76W fits nicely in either.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. project43

project43

Thanks Bassist4Eris. Since the Cronkite bags are form fitting, is there much if any difference in the headstock length from the nut to the tip of the headstocks? I think if there is going to be any issue, it might be with the little pointed area on the LB. Frank

7. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Non Serviam Supporting Member

I just checked them with a tape measure. The Carvin headstock is 8 and 1/16th inches from nut to tip. The Fender is actually almost an inch longer, about 8 and 15/16th inches.

8. project43

project43