Carvin LB76 owners question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by project43, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Anyone who owns a Carvin LB76 who also owns a Fender P or Jazz. I have a LB76F from 1999 and am interested in a Cronkite gig bag. After emailing with Glenn, he only makes cases to Fender sizes now. If someone who has both would be so kind as to take measurements/hold side by side, etc... and let me know if the Carvin will fit well into a case designed around Fender sizes. Thank you, Frank
  2. funkybass

Oct 19, 2006
    Carvin now makes a really nice gig bag
    Sorry I can't answer your question, but you might check the Carvin bag out.
  3. Thanks, I checked out the new Carvin bag at NAMM this year and I do like it. I have one of Glenn's gig bags for my trombone and to me the quality is a little better. If the Cronkite does not work out then I'll most likely go with the Carvin bag. Frank
  4. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Frat-Pack Sympathizer

Aug 11, 2012
    I have an LB76W and a Fender P-bass. The P-bass came with a gig bag, but I normally keep it in a Gator case. To my surprise, the LB76W fits nicely in either.
  5. Sponsored by:

6. Thanks Bassist4Eris. Since the Cronkite bags are form fitting, is there much if any difference in the headstock length from the nut to the tip of the headstocks? I think if there is going to be any issue, it might be with the little pointed area on the LB. Frank
  7. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Frat-Pack Sympathizer

Aug 11, 2012
    I just checked them with a tape measure. The Carvin headstock is 8 and 1/16th inches from nut to tip. The Fender is actually almost an inch longer, about 8 and 15/16th inches.