1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Carvin MB 10 combo or Ibanez Promethan

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by mormoyboy, Feb 1, 2014.

1. mormoyboy

mormoyboy

I am looking for a fairly versatile small amp I can afford that will allow me to work small venue gigs.
    If I could afford them I'd go after a smaller markbass or a Phil Jones - but those are a little out of reach. Does anyone have experience with the 10" Carvin MB combo amp vs. the Ibanez Promethan?

2. Salamenster

Salamenster

Promethean all the freaking way, baby. Ordered a p210kc for my p3110 last week.

3. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    I have the and it works great for what I do. However, I'd prefer an original run Promethean 110 with detachable head.

4. mormoyboy

mormoyboy

Does anyone have experience wit the Promethan 3110 vs. 5110?
    Why I the world does Ibanez not make these anymore?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Salamenster

Salamenster

Ibanez still.makes em both?

7. mormoyboy

mormoyboy

They do?
    I thought the 300 series (non-removable head) replaced the 500s (removable)?
    Which I now can't find on the Ibanez page...

Back home in Europe (I'm from Germany) they also sold a Harley Benton @ Thomann and a RedSub version the head of which was almost identical to the 500 Promethean - but I can't find those anymore either...

8. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

The Carvin is a great little amp. I've been rehearsing with one in a 3 piece rock band for 18 months or so. Sits on my Avatar SB112 and sound VERY good. For the price, it's dynomite!

9. Salamenster

Salamenster

Well, in western Europe (Germany, Holland, Belgium) they're still available, according to the ibby website. I'm from that region too, so I should now. ;)

EDIT: Woopsiefloops, I was mistaken. They still produce both the p3110 AND the p515.

10. mormoyboy

mormoyboy

interesting - so that's both the 300 (with the phat control and limiter) and 500 (with vibe control and graphic eq) heads presumably still in production...

11. Salamenster

Salamenster

The p300h is the separate head. The head of the p3110 is non-detachable. Don't know about the p515