1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Carvin MB10/MB210?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by puremetal33, Sep 23, 2013.

1. puremetal33

puremetal33 ...beware the Hammer of Thor

Anyone here have any experience with the Carvin Microbass series combos? Most specifically the MB10 or MB210?

Looking for a light, portable amp that has enough power for small/medium sized rehearsals and gigs and was intrigued by the price point on this (Carvin stuff generally seems to be an outstanding value), however, if it sounds like crap (I know some of the older Carvin amps - Redline and previous were pretty thin sounding), there's the rub.

Just looking for anyone who owns one and can relay their experience. Thanks!

P.S. - perhaps I'm not great with search parameters but didn't have any luck looking for previous reviews.

Edit - found what I needed, this thread can get deleted

2. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

I have an MB10 and love it. GREAT sound and very flexible. It went from my living room amp to my rehearsal amp, where it sit's atop an Avatar SB112 and easily keeps up with my rock band.

I tried it by itself and the band could hear it but there are limitations to what a single 10" speaker can do, even with 200 very punchy watts. If you don't have an extension nor want to use one, consider the MB210 or MB15 instead. I'm not sure how loud your band is. For coffee shop, acoustic and even low volume jazz gigs, the MB10 would suffice by itself.