Carvin SB5000 or Carvin B25??????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by line6bassist, Feb 9, 2014.

1. line6bassist

line6bassist Supporting Member

Ok so after doing many weeks of research. I finally decide to get a Carvin Bass after hearing many great reviews on them.

The only problem is which one? From my understanding they are both Jazz Style Basses right? I play many genres of music from Country to Neo Soul and many others if that helps. I did decide to go very basic on either model..No fancy tops or extreme colors just the standard options. If I had the scratch I would love to buy one of each. :) So which one will you suggest? Does any one of my fellow tb'ers have both? :D

2. Fit4pain

Fit4pain Gold Supporting Member

B25 is more versatile IMOP

3. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr. Supporting Member

I have owned both, and you can't really go wrong with either, IMO.

4. Eggman

Eggman

I have owned both. I too prefer the b25.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Non Serviam Supporting Member

I don't have experience with either of these models, despite being a Carvin guy in general. My two cents is that the SB series has more pickup options, at least on the online builder, so check that out. The other difference is that the SB is bolt neck and the B25 is neck-through, so without opening that can of worms, I guess you should just use your own opinion (if you have one on this subject) to draw your own conclusions. My opinion is that the SB is more aesthetically pleasing by far, but again, I'm sure you can draw your own conclusions about that too. :)