1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Case for Epiphone EB-3

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by unclebass, Dec 14, 2013.

1. unclebass

unclebass

Not sure if this is the right area, so move it if necessary.
    I just acquired an Epiphone EB-3 and would like to get a case for it. I know that Epi makes a form fitting case that is an exact fit for this bass, and if necessary, that is what I will get. But I would like to get something a little lower in price if possible. My main concern is having enough room for the large headstock. My other basses are made by Fender, and the headstocks are straight. The headstock on this bass kicks back at a pretty steep angle. Between the long headstock and large tuners, the case would need a deep pocket space for the headstock to make sure that there is no pressure on the neck at the nut. Does anybody have any experience with an economy case for these basses, and if so, what did you find that worked for you?
  2. frankieC

frankieC Supporting Member

I've got a 1968 Gibson EB3, I purchased it new, back in the day, I was given the choice of the fitted Gibson case, and an aftermarket case that seems to have some slop in the way the bass fit in it. I went for the extra bucks and bought the fitted case. 45 years and countless gigs later, I'm glad I did.
  3. unclebass

unclebass

Just bit the bullet and ordered from Zzounds, on sale for $89. Wanted to get from Sweetwater, but $99 there. Saved enough to get a strap too.
    Just coincidence, but I was born in 1968. Someday I'd like to have a bass from that year. If you ever want to sell it for way less than what it's worth, look me up.:bassist:
  4. unclebass

unclebass

Case came in a few days ago, glad I went with the Epiphone case and not generic. Perfect fit!! Awkward placement of handle, but not horrible. Should last a long time.