Case for Fender Starcaster Semi-hollow

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by walldaja, Jan 23, 2014.

1. walldaja

walldaja

Anyone find a good case fit for the new Fender Starcaster semi-hollow bass? Can't believe they brought it out but forgot to make / get a case for it. I'm using a gig bag as a poor substitute.

I do love the sound / look of the bass though!

2. ukulelelab

ukulelelab

3. chefothefuture

chefothefuture

There are a few options for the Starcaster-
    The Hagstrom Viking Bass case will fit, but the case is a little flimsy.
    The Guild Starfire Bass case will also fit though it's the more expensive option.
    If you must have a Fender logo, the BG32 case will fit though it's deep, so you might lay the bass on a towel or a 1" piece of foam.

The Ibanez ASB100C(for the ASB180) might work, but I haven't tried it and I'm not sure if it is long enough.

Last, the case for the Gretsch short scale hollowbody bass looks like it could work as well. I haven't tried this one either, but since the same Gretsch bass will fit a Hagstrom (as shown at "The Bass Place") I would bet the Starcaster would also fit.

Personally, I went with the Fender BG32 case. Yeah, I need to throw in some extra padding, but at least the brands match.

Hope this helps.

4. MTFD24

MTFD24 Supporting Member

I have mine in a Coffin Case....but very tight for depth...and would not store it in there...only use it for short transports.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Couvy

Couvy Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses, Source Audio
    I'm also very interested in this. I called Fender, but they said that they don't have it in production yet. In the meantime, I'd be interested to see if the Starcaster will fit in the Casady case or not. I think that might be an easier one for me to find.

7. Avezzano

Avezzano

I have the Casady case for my Coronado reissue: 120 cm max length allowed inside. Coronado fits good and there still is space for two fingers... I guess the Starcaster would fit...

8. justdave42

justdave42

I have my Starcaster in the Casady case. It fits.

9. Flowdopin

Flowdopin

What about a solid gig bag? I would love to put this bass on my back for an easy load in... Any recommendations or experience with this? Thanks!

10. Flowdopin

Flowdopin

I found this Fender bag, says it's made for the Starcaster and Coronado basses... Anyone using this? How is the quality/padding/pocket size?

Attached Files: