1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Case for Peavey FX2-16?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Bamboo633, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Bamboo633

Bamboo633 Supporting Member

Has anyone run into a road case that will fit the Peavey FX2 16-channel mixer?

It will rackmount in 12U and the outputs are on the back. The problem is its 7.5 inch depth, most cases won't fit.

We don't need ATA level protection, just something to get to the gig and back and cost isn't really a factor.

The only thing I have found so far is the SKB Mighty Gig Rig which seems to be HUGE and gets pretty poor reviews. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks.
  2. modulusman

modulusman

3. Bamboo633

Bamboo633 Supporting Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Someone on the Greenboy list also praised the Audiopile boxes.

Unfortunately, the specs list the box at 7 7/8" deep; Peavey lists the specs for the mixer at 8" deep. It strikes me that may be cutting it pretty close. I will have to unbox the mixer after our gig and see what the actual measurement is.
  4. modulusman

modulusman

Yeah, I just looked at the owners manual for both versions. The one I owned was only 7.25 inches. The one you have is 8 inches.