1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Case of the Unknown Guitar

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by atfbassman, Feb 26, 2014.

1. atfbassman

atfbassman

My band All That Falls was playing a gig with touring bands Tiger Lily and Stanley and The Search. The gig was pretty sweet each band was awesome!!! We made some friends and memories!So at the end of the gig we loaded up and headed back to our apartment complex. While we were unloading we brought in our gear and we were counting guitars and we wound up with an extra guitar in our possession. We were asking our roadies if it was one of their guitars they all denied it. So without hesitation we were like oh $#!£ and I grabbed the guitar and sprinted out the door and drove back to the venue. Flying through every red light on the way there I arrived right as the bands were loadin up. It turns out our roadie grabbed the lead Guitarist from Tiger Lily guitar. The band was on the verge of freaking out because they were gonna hit the road for the next 10 hours to get to their next gig and not gonna have a guitar but they were grateful and relieved! Bro hugs were exchanged and itEnds up you make some pretty tight friends when you accidentally take other bands crap and return it in the nick of time! Honest to god we aren't thieves just you know... $#!£ happens!;)

2. nortonrider

nortonrider

Returning the bass makes you a good guy,
    Running red lights makes you a dangerous driver.
    I'm glad that you didn't steal anything or kill anyone.

3. vasilio

vasilio

I had a 1977 Ric 4001 disappear on me - thought it was stolen from the venue.
    Bought a new J-Bass , played that for a couple of years.
    Couple of years later while cleaning out my garage I see a bass case buried deep where it didn't belong. ( roadies grrr )
    Opened the case and sure enough there was my Ric - That felt great!!

meteor and Lownote38 like this.