1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Casters for my Ashdown cab

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Clive05, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Clive05

Clive05

Hello all,

I'm thinking of getting some casters for my 1x15 Ashdown cab. Does anyone have any recommendations? Are they easy to fit, or is it worth getting a pro to do it? Any help and advice would be appreciated!

2. FUBB

FUBB

3. krstko

krstko

Got to a bigger tools shop and get the ''triangle'' corner wheels for moving furniture .. that way you can also use them for other things and you won't need to drill any holes to your cab :)

4. pebo

pebo

Hi, i have an Ashdown 4x10 cab. I removed the feet and fitted casters i bought from a local hardware. I think they were 50mm diameter.

Just pre-drill the holes first after marking them using the mounting plate on the caster and use a screw thick enough to handle the beating that they will get. I used 12G x 3/4 pan head screws.

I don't use the casters on rough surfaces. Over time they may loosen but if looked after should last a while. I use a hand trolley to move the cab if im pulling it across rough ground. Hope this helps!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

When mounting casters, I prefer to use ones that don't require a large hole to be drilled. You don't have to dramatically modify your cab and there is no problem with air leakage. Mesa Boogie uses a type that uses a regular castor but it slides onto a mounting plate. This allows you to remove them when you want. They sell them at their site. A similar product is also available here. This company offers a large and small caster plate. It's a neat system.

Another option is to buy a dolly or hand cart from a hardware store. This way you don't have to modify your cab.