1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Casting Crowns What This World Needs

Discussion in 'Ask Adam Nitti' started by tsl, Mar 5, 2014.

1. tsl

tsl

Hi Adam,

I believe that you played bass on Casting Crown's "What This World Needs" on The Altar and the Door CD. The bass playing has excellent tone and presence.

It's been a long time since that album came out ... do you remember the setup you used for that song? It's killer.

I have been playing a Roscoe LG-3005 for the past 15 years, but I'm open to trying new things out.

Thanks!

2. adamnitti

adamnitti

hi tsl, thanks so much for the kind words!

if i recall correctly i played a '75 reissue fender jazz bass on that tune (ash body, maple fingerboard). i have several fenders but that particular one is a bass that has always recorded really well. i typically use that bass if i want a more aggressive tone. the only other things in the signal chain were an old tl audio tube compressor, and my eclair engineering 'evil twin' tube bass d.i..

3. tsl

tsl

Adam,

Wow .. thanks for the reply. That's pretty cool that I can hear something that I like, find the artist that recorded it, and get the details. I would have never thought it was a jazz bass due to the sheer presence and fatness of the sound. Thanks again!

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

+1 that is very cool and some mighty fine bass playing.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. adamnitti

adamnitti

thanks, mjac!

7. oldcatfish

oldcatfish

I agree. In fact, my 11 year old daughter just started playing at church. I am going to use that song to teach her that great bass playing can be very flashy, yet very tasteful at the same time. In my opinion, Adam's bass playing on that song is one of the best lines that I've ever heard.

On a related topic...Adam, did you by chance also play the bass line on the Casting Crown's song Prodigal? I ask because it also has a tasteful, flashy aspect that is very rare among bass players of any genre.

8. adamnitti

adamnitti

wow, thank you so much for the very kind comments, oldcatfish! that means a lot to me!

in answer to your question, yes, i also played on 'prodigal'. so glad you enjoyed the bass playing!!! :hyper:

9. oldcatfish

oldcatfish

I was pretty sure that it was you Adam. I'll have to show this post to my daughter...otherwise she won't believe that I communicated with the bass player that she is hearing on the songs. And thank you so much for taking the time to respond!

10. adamnitti

adamnitti

my pleasure! thanks for listening!