Catalinbread Echorec

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jetofuj, Dec 14, 2012.

1. jetofuj

jetofuj

Anybody?
  2. insomniac2295

insomniac2295 Supporting Member

3. jetofuj

jetofuj

:D

I haven't found anything, which is kinda surprising, as this is unique thing on delay pedal market...
  4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    It does colour me interested and I think I'm going to be adding a small delay to my board soon hmmmmm
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. skulletwhip

skulletwhip

It looked fun. There is a place near me that carries their stuff. I may check it out soon.
  7. Tendollarcat

Tendollarcat

I like the look of the demo on Proguitarshop. It's on my shortlist, along with the Flashback X4. Pretty big difference between the two :) I just find I have better results with echo type sounds than conventional delay repeats. Tempted by the size and sound of this one...
  8. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I take it you saw this?

9. kenstee

kenstee Supporting Member

Or you could get a TC Alter Ego Delay - available only from PGS - which has an Echorec setting as an option. That may be all you need to nail this sound rather than a dedicated Echorec-only pedal. The Alter Ego is more or less the same as the original/small TC Flashback BUT with 2 additional different setting options - the Echorec and the EH DMM. IMO, it is a better option than the original Flashback because it has these two specific built-in settings which kill. These two settings ARE NOT available on the regular Flashback or as a TonePrint download. They are built-in/hardwired only in the Alter Ego. Check out http://proguitarshop.com/tc-electronic-alter-ego-delay.html for a demo vid.
  10. Tendollarcat

Tendollarcat

Thanks guys. I've definitely considered those two and have followed the demo threads on Youtube. I like the idea of tap, presets and the loop for the larger TC pedal. It really does come down to a question of board real estate versus how much I'll use it. Tough call but I think all three options are good value for money. That's a nice change with delays!
  11. kenstee

kenstee Supporting Member

Yep. The 4x is just that. About 4 times as long as the regular ones. Also, with the 4x you will definitely not have the Echorec option if that is a factor for you. IMO don't think the looper is a big deal. Major drawback is you need to manually flip a toggle switch to activate it and turn it back to standard operating for delays. Looks like more of a bell and whistle than anything else. Only 40secs or so to boot. And the standard ones DO have a tap. Not as easy to operate as the 4x though. BUT, it is there.