1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Catalinbread Echorec

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jetofuj, Dec 14, 2012.

1. jetofuj

jetofuj

Anybody?
  2. insomniac2295

insomniac2295 Supporting Member

3. jetofuj

jetofuj

:D

I haven't found anything, which is kinda surprising, as this is unique thing on delay pedal market...
  4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    It does colour me interested and I think I'm going to be adding a small delay to my board soon hmmmmm
  5. skulletwhip

skulletwhip

It looked fun. There is a place near me that carries their stuff. I may check it out soon.
  6. Tendollarcat

Tendollarcat

I like the look of the demo on Proguitarshop. It's on my shortlist, along with the Flashback X4. Pretty big difference between the two :) I just find I have better results with echo type sounds than conventional delay repeats. Tempted by the size and sound of this one...
  7. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I take it you saw this?

8. kenstee

kenstee Supporting Member

Or you could get a TC Alter Ego Delay - available only from PGS - which has an Echorec setting as an option. That may be all you need to nail this sound rather than a dedicated Echorec-only pedal. The Alter Ego is more or less the same as the original/small TC Flashback BUT with 2 additional different setting options - the Echorec and the EH DMM. IMO, it is a better option than the original Flashback because it has these two specific built-in settings which kill. These two settings ARE NOT available on the regular Flashback or as a TonePrint download. They are built-in/hardwired only in the Alter Ego. Check out http://proguitarshop.com/tc-electronic-alter-ego-delay.html for a demo vid.
  9. Tendollarcat

Tendollarcat

Thanks guys. I've definitely considered those two and have followed the demo threads on Youtube. I like the idea of tap, presets and the loop for the larger TC pedal. It really does come down to a question of board real estate versus how much I'll use it. Tough call but I think all three options are good value for money. That's a nice change with delays!
  10. kenstee

kenstee Supporting Member

Yep. The 4x is just that. About 4 times as long as the regular ones. Also, with the 4x you will definitely not have the Echorec option if that is a factor for you. IMO don't think the looper is a big deal. Major drawback is you need to manually flip a toggle switch to activate it and turn it back to standard operating for delays. Looks like more of a bell and whistle than anything else. Only 40secs or so to boot. And the standard ones DO have a tap. Not as easy to operate as the 4x though. BUT, it is there.