1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Cecilio EUB

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by Paul Barsic, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Paul Barsic

Paul Barsic

Has anybody played a Cecilio 3/4 Size Electric Silent Mahogany Metallic Upright Double Bass (Model: CEDB-1DW)? Here is a link.

I have seen a few like it on eBay, all shipped from China, so I assume that this one is from China.

Have you played one of these? Did you buy one of the look-alikes on eBay? What did you think about the sound, feel, and craftsmanship?

Attached Files:

2. nicechuckh

nicechuckh

Haven't played thier EUB, but have the Cecilio CDB-100 upright bass and love it. I put a new bridge on it, new strings and did some light sanding on the neck and now it plays great. Did you wind up getting thier eub?

3. DenverKen

DenverKen

I'm intrigued by it on ebay but not sure if I should try one. Any thoughts are appreciated...

4. nicechuckh

nicechuckh

I've never tried one of thier EUBs so can't say. I've not been able to find any online reviews of their basses. Wish I could. My EUB is a Palatino which I also like alot. The Cecilio looks kewl but no idea how it plays or sounds. If you get one or find someone who has one please let us know about it. Good luck

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. clangley50

clangley50

I got one on EBAY and love it. It is a little cheap,the back brace already stripped and the module looks like it came from a toy(it has a small jack 1/8 maybe) but it sounds great. I am putting it thru a mesa m-pulse 600 so that probably helps,but I LOVE IT!!!

7. FireRx

FireRx

I have one too. Beautiful instrument and plays well on both bow string action, and plucking.
    I would recommend getting better quality strings, and at minimum a 12w amp for practice amp. It's plenty for play along music scores for practice. I don't even bother with the back brace. "A" Strings of high quality is a must. FYI. Buy it from USA if you can, Like from KKmusic store. Some of them from china have been serverly damaged in transit.

8. Martiluk

Martiluk

I ordered one from KKmusic and it arrived today.... in 2 peices. The neck was busted off and I couldn't find the bridge anywhere. I got ahold of KKmusic right away, and they're going to get me a replacement as soon as they can, they said. But, I was bummed out non the less. It was going to be my first day with a upright bass, so it kind of broke my heart a little, especially since I've been lusting over one since I caught the jazz bug. I'll let you guys know what I think once I get the replacement.

9. Martiluk

Martiluk

I finally got my Cecilio EUB and, I have to say, it's not a bad deal. Once I got it set up how I like it seems decent. Nice pizz sound, but arco seems a little scratchy to my ears, that's probably my lack of bow skill, though. I'm figureing on getting some decent strings, and getting the bridge looked at to see if it can be brought down some, the action on it is pretty tough, so once I get that done, I think it'll be one mean machine.

10. FireRx

FireRx

Yeah. with bowing you have to find that sweet spot in the 6" between the bottom of the finger board and the bridge. Also don't play the E string with a lot of force on the lower notes. It just eats rosin off you bow,and tends to sound dirty. DEfo. on the String replacement. I bought a set of Thomastik Sprirocore /S37ST's since I do alot of bow playing. LOL.:cool:

11. hbfosho

hbfosho

Can somebody make a YouTube video bowing one. I won't judge :)

12. HateyMcAmp

HateyMcAmp

I wish I could play one of these. The price is right and it looks like it might actually feel like a DB....

13. hbfosho

hbfosho

Can someone post a YouTube video bowing it

14. nicechuck

nicechuck

I'm just glad to see another review of any Cecilio bass besides what I've put on this site about my CDB-100. I'm amazed at what I got, especialy considering the price but had no idea if that carried over to thier EUBs or even the next acoustic upright that they made after mine.