1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Celinder Vintage P/J 5 trade feeler

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by greenrositti, Sep 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenrositti

greenrositti Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

Hello friends,

Up for grabs is my Celinder Vintage P/J 5. Celinders don't come along very often here, and Precision-style C's are even more rare than others. I'm just not a P bass kinda guy, despite my efforts to make it so, hence this offering. I waited for this bass for a long, long time, missed it twice, and finally got it. It's really about the most amazing P bass you will ever play in a 5 string incarnation, but sadly, I'm not bonding and I've got G.A.S.

Those who know Christian Celinder's work well know just how special his Ps are. This has the most authoritative B string and is an absolute joy to hear and play. It's not getting into my rotation, though, and I'd rather not hide it away from the world. These things are meant to be played.

If you have a 5 string F Bass or Fodera (or Celinder J) and want to trade, I'm all ears. Truth be told, I'm really looking for a special F Bass BNF 5. This may turn into a sale if I can't score a BNF 5 in trade.

The deets:

35" scale
    Celinder hum canceling pickups
    Celinder/Greengrove preamp (stacked vol/vol, bass cut/boost, and passive tone)
    approximately 10 pounds
    Alder body
    Brazilian rosewood board--blocked and bound
    vintage tint maple neck
    metallic teal which looks 10x better in person...it's gorgeous
    matching headstock
    Mono gig bag
    tort and mint pickguards included
    9/10 condition

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. portraitoftracy

portraitoftracy

Rating - 100%
    89   0   0

3. raal

raal

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

appealing, that amber tint on the maple neck makes it really special
  4. greenrositti

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

It's a beautiful neck for sure. The Brazilian rosewood is a thing to behold, too. Great, great bass.
  5. greenrositti

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

Bass is gone, thread closed. Thanks, TB.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.