1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Cell phone service will be free in the future after watching Fringe

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SirMjac28, Nov 2, 2012.

1. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I missed all of last season I will correct that soon but I keep seeing everyone Olivia etc using cell phones and I'm wondering if they are on the run and in the future how are they getting cell phone service ? am I not giving the writers enough creative freedom or what?

2. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

Media:
    You just exposed something the writers didn't think of. That would ruin the story if they didn't have cell phone service.
    Kind of like in the movies, there's a three-minute chase scene. In reality, you can only run all out for a minute before you really slow down to a jog, unless you are an Olympic-level track runner.
    Which also brings up another movie, Rocky. There is no way, in Rocky, Rocky II, and Rocky III where a Rocky Balboa, who is tired and beat, can take on more hits on purpose without putting up his guard, and then comeback and win with all this energy from nowhere, especially in his weight class. If he was in a much lower weight class, that might be possible.

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

That makes sense I just don't want them jumping the shark just like on "Happy Days" when Fonzie got magical powers ruined a great show

4. SirMjac28

Couldn't they just use high powered walkie-talkie ? or a something they ripped off from the observers?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. hover

hover Banned

Wow, that show is still on?

7. SirMjac28

Yes I missed last season getting back into it again

8. hover

hover Banned

I just remember a bit ago them moving the show to Friday, which for dramas is usually the kiss of death slot. Admittedly I stopped watching.

I liked the show just fine...I just didn't think it was on anymore. :)

9. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

Media:
    No. The Push-to-talk wouldn't have worked out. They need cell phones.

chirp Peter.
    chirp ...via?
    chirp Press, then talk.
    chirp ...at? I just...
    chirp Press, then talk. Hold the button down when you are done.
    chirp ...ay.
    chirp Wait to talk after the chirp.
    chirp ...found the ....

10. SirMjac28

That makes sense

11. mtandrews

mtandrews

I like Fringe. It filled the void left by the X-Files going off...

12. TOOL460002

TOOL460002

No. You take that back. You take that back right now.

I do keep up with Fringe via Hulu. Once a month or so I will watch a block of 3 or 4 episodes to keep up. Missing an episode gets confusing.

This season is the last. With the way the story evolved at the end of season three and how it's moving along now, it's pretty obvious that they were denied a few more seasons so they had to do a hasty conclusion.

Anyone else think the pace of the show has been very different each season? I don't feel like it ever found the "sweet spot" needed for long story arcs.

13. SirMjac28

I loved the x-files also in the beginning like fringe each episode was separate then it became this long dragged out conspiracy and it's part of the reason I left fringe if you missed an episode or two you were out of luck trying to catch up.

14. mtandrews

mtandrews

:ninja:

15. Batmensch

Batmensch

Ya never know, it is supposed to be the future after all ... perhaps the observers (for some unknown reason) decided to make cell phones free for everyone. ;)

16. SirMjac28

Sweet can't wait I hope I last long enough the Observers look like ok guys kinda quiet

17. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Theyre using pay as you go tracphones?

18. Biggbass

Biggbass Supporting Member

Yes, It jumped the shark 2 seasons ago but somehow got renewed.

I liked the show until I saw Anna Torv on Leno one night. She was such a lame brained twit she ruined it for me...I just couldn't watch it anymore.

19. SirMjac28

I've never seen her do an interview I'm still trying to figure out if she's hot or not.

20. Biggbass

Biggbass Supporting Member

She's hot as Olivia but as real life Anna not so hot. Her Leno appearance left me wondering how she ever got the job on Fringe. Who knows...maybe she just had an off day that day. She'd have been a lot less annoying if she'd just kept quiet though. That was about a year ago and I've not seen her on an interview show since. Maybe her agent and the Fringe producers decided it wasn't the best way to promote her or the show. Watching her was a disappointment for sure. But she's not the first actor to drop the veil on Leno's show. I've seen many an otherwise credible actor come off as a bumbling idiot on that show. Maybe it's Leno that just brings out the dumbazz in people. My wife can't stand him and complains that he's always reaching over and touching the guests to much.

21. SirMjac28

It's funny you mention Leno I just saw a movie he did in the 80's last night he plays a detective it's so bad it's hilarious I would love for someone to measure the space between his lower lip and the tip of his chin I'm guessing at least six inches