1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Change Fender JP miniswitch to blend pot?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sgiacomo, Jan 27, 2014.

1. sgiacomo

sgiacomo Supporting Member

I have a stock Fender JP 90 that sounds great but I wonder if it would be more versatile and sound even better if I could blend the mix of P and J rather than stock all or nothing with the on-on-on miniswitch for the P and J pups. It seems like replacing the miniswitch with a pot that has a center detent for both on should work but I have no idea what type, if possible, etc. Attached is the wiring diagram, any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. sgiacomo

3. MattZilla

MattZilla Supporting Member

a 500k "blend pot" is what you'd need. It'd be wired the same as the switch is currently. you may have to take a minute with a multimeter to orient the whole thing. the only issue is real estate. It already looks rather cramped on that plate.
  4. sgiacomo

Thanks MattZilla. I'll double-check the fit, since it's all original and in mint condition I don't want to do anything too drastic even though these don't demand a lot of money on the market.