1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Change Fender JP miniswitch to blend pot?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sgiacomo, Jan 27, 2014.

1. sgiacomo

sgiacomo Supporting Member

I have a stock Fender JP 90 that sounds great but I wonder if it would be more versatile and sound even better if I could blend the mix of P and J rather than stock all or nothing with the on-on-on miniswitch for the P and J pups. It seems like replacing the miniswitch with a pot that has a center detent for both on should work but I have no idea what type, if possible, etc. Attached is the wiring diagram, any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. sgiacomo

3. MattZilla

MattZilla

a 500k "blend pot" is what you'd need. It'd be wired the same as the switch is currently. you may have to take a minute with a multimeter to orient the whole thing. the only issue is real estate. It already looks rather cramped on that plate.

4. sgiacomo

Thanks MattZilla. I'll double-check the fit, since it's all original and in mint condition I don't want to do anything too drastic even though these don't demand a lot of money on the market.

5. Register to disable this ad