Dismiss Notice

Welcome to TalkBass.com!

Register your free account to unlock features including:

  • Post messages or start new discussions
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Upload images and video to our gallery
  • Enter free giveaways
  • Get rid of this notice, and much more :)

Change Fender JP miniswitch to blend pot?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sgiacomo, Jan 27, 2014.

  1. sgiacomo


    Feb 26, 2012
    I have a stock Fender JP 90 that sounds great but I wonder if it would be more versatile and sound even better if I could blend the mix of P and J rather than stock all or nothing with the on-on-on miniswitch for the P and J pups. It seems like replacing the miniswitch with a pot that has a center detent for both on should work but I have no idea what type, if possible, etc. Attached is the wiring diagram, any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

    Attached Files:

  2. sgiacomo


    Feb 26, 2012
  3. MattZilla


    Jun 26, 2013
    Syracuse, NY
    a 500k "blend pot" is what you'd need. It'd be wired the same as the switch is currently. you may have to take a minute with a multimeter to orient the whole thing. the only issue is real estate. It already looks rather cramped on that plate.
  4. sgiacomo


    Feb 26, 2012
    Thanks MattZilla. I'll double-check the fit, since it's all original and in mint condition I don't want to do anything too drastic even though these don't demand a lot of money on the market.
  5. Sponsored by:

Play guitar too? Become a founding member of TalkGuitar.com