1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Changing Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by pshep68, Nov 24, 2012.

1. pshep68

pshep68

Hi,
    I was wondering what will be the difference in sound/tone changing from a 410 cab to a 412 cab? How different would an amp like the Ampeg 7 Pro sound through a 412 as opposed to a 410?
  2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

It depends on the particular cabs, as every cab has it's own sound, regardless of driver size. The ONLY thing you can generalize about the size of the spkr is bigger = louder, usually.
  3. dukeorock

dukeorock Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Authorized fEARful/FEARLESS/greenboy designs builder
    ^^^^^^^

People can be much more helpful if you let them know which 410 to which 412 you have in mind :)
  4. mowburger

mowburger

I vote two 212 cabs stacked. wait is this a poll?
  5. pshep68

pshep68

Eden 410XLT & Gallian Krueger Neo412.
  6. dukeorock

dukeorock Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Authorized fEARful/FEARLESS/greenboy designs builder
    Now we're talking! Just IMO, but of those two, I much prefer the GK Neo412. More open and nicer mids, to my ears, but I've never cared for the xlt410's, so take this with a liberal dose of salt :)