1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Changing necks on a MIM Fender Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Fullback32, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Fullback32

Fullback32

I own five Jazz basses: USA Deluxe Jazz V, USA Deluxe Jazz 4string, MIJ Geddy Lee Jazz, MIJ Aerodyne Jazz and a MIM Standard Jazz V. I want to do some updates to the MIM Standard Jazz V: N3 pups, high mass bridge and new neck. I have the opportunity to buy an American Deluxe Jazz V neck for this purpose.

Simple question: can this neck be easily fit to the MIM Jazz V Standard body. I know there are five holes required for attachment, so drilling new ones and a new neck plate are in order. Other than that, though, is there anything more such as further routing of the neck cavity on the body, etc?

Thanks for any help y'all might provide.
  2. pfox14

pfox14

What's wrong with the original neck?
  3. Fullback32

Fullback32

I want the four up-one down clover leaf configuration and the block inlays. The original has dots and five inline.