1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  2. Search results may return 0 or few results. We are currently rebuilding the search index, may take a couple hours. Thank you for your patience!

Changing Pickups on Active Bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Rageadon, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Rageadon

Rageadon

Just something that have been bugging me along time now... I want to change my pickups!!! but i don't really have any single clue what the different types are called and i have never changed pickups before...

quick facts:

It's a Cort GB45 active bass, i really like metal music and rock, i also tend to play hard on the strings ... :bassist:

HERE look at this picture! [​IMG]

also some picture of different types of pickups/fast facts about them is appreciated :bag:

2. line6man

line6man

Those are standard J and MM shapes, but there is variance in the dimensions of 5 string versions. You'll have to measure the pickups and check the measurements against the pickups you are interested in.

Other than that, the only thing to worry about is to consider hotter J pickups, and parallel wiring for the MM, to best match the output levels of the pickups. Also consider a humcancelling J pickup, so that the bass will humcancel when both pickups are used.

3. Rageadon

Rageadon

Thanks for that ! i found the two that might do the job, but heck, i dont know if it will work togheter, the Ohm is the same apparently :eyebrow:

for the soapbar aka MM pickup:
    http://www.emgpickups.com/mmtw.html

And for the other pickup i think this one might do the job:
    http://www.emgpickups.com/bass/j-models/active/lj.html