1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Changing Strings

Discussion in 'Ask Doug Johns' started by Discosteve86, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Discosteve86

Discosteve86

Hey, Doug. I am playing a show exactly 9 days from now. I plan to change my strings tonight before a 3 hour practice followed by a 2 our practice and another 3 hour practice next week before the show. Does this give me sufficient time to break the strings in nicely? I have broken strings before a show and I want to avoid this, however, I have sanded the cradles on the bridge in hopes of preventing string breakage.
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    We'd need to run a pH level and general cleanliness test on you to determine this ;)

Sorry for butting in Doug...couldn't resist. But it all depends on your chemical makeup, the strings you use, how clean your hands are, and how long it usually takes for you to kill a set of strings.
  3. Doug Johns

Doug Johns

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla, Genz Benz, Pigtronix, DR Strings, Dunlop
    JimmyM, your dead on here. Your not butting in , were all in this together, and I appreciate you answering. I will add though, your personal neck set-up (string to fret distance), has a lot to do with how quick a set of strings can fade too. Great questions guys!!!!