1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Charlie Brown's Christmas

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by rydin4lifebass, Dec 14, 2012.

1. rydin4lifebass

rydin4lifebass

Anyone have any sheet music or tab for the bass clef to this classic?
  2. ntenny

ntenny

The actual title is "Linus And Lucy", which should help. Googling "linus and lucy sheet music" turns up a whole bunch of images.

The bass clef alone is actually pretty simple and can probably be picked up by ear (but it's easier to play in G instead of its native Ab). As far as I can think it's a single-note line all the way through, except for the obvious break with the big loud chords.

-NT
  3. rydin4lifebass

rydin4lifebass

Just heard it on the radio...the song has a bass as well as the lower piano parts correct?.. the lower piano parts was what I was thinking
  4. elgecko

elgecko

5. rydin4lifebass

rydin4lifebass

6. FretlessMainly

FretlessMainly

??? That shouldn't be the case. That's one of the most basic bass parts ever.

The hippest tune on that CD is O Tannenbaum. Monty Budwig swings it hard. You might never see those words in print again. Check it out.
  7. ntenny

ntenny

(G vs. Ab)

Yeah, I was typing too fast in my rush to get out of work before the traffic got bad. It's easier to play the bass figure in G *if* you want to have extra fingers around for playing the melody. I like the sound of the open D string hammered to the E, too.

-NT
  8. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy Supporting Member