1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Charlie Brown's Christmas

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by rydin4lifebass, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Anyone have any sheet music or tab for the bass clef to this classic?

2. The actual title is "Linus And Lucy", which should help. Googling "linus and lucy sheet music" turns up a whole bunch of images.

The bass clef alone is actually pretty simple and can probably be picked up by ear (but it's easier to play in G instead of its native Ab). As far as I can think it's a single-note line all the way through, except for the obvious break with the big loud chords.

-NT

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Just heard it on the radio...the song has a bass as well as the lower piano parts correct?.. the lower piano parts was what I was thinking

5. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
  6. FretlessMainly

FretlessMainly

Nov 17, 2010
    ??? That shouldn't be the case. That's one of the most basic bass parts ever.

The hippest tune on that CD is O Tannenbaum. Monty Budwig swings it hard. You might never see those words in print again. Check it out.

7. (G vs. Ab)

Yeah, I was typing too fast in my rush to get out of work before the traffic got bad. It's easier to play the bass figure in G *if* you want to have extra fingers around for playing the melody. I like the sound of the open D string hammered to the E, too.

-NT

8. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA