1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Charlie Parker Solo Analyzed in Bass Clef

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Intenzity, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Intenzity

Intenzity Supporting Member

Hey guys,

Got a new blog post and a pdf for y'all that has Charlie Parker's solo on Bloomdido analyzed, note by note. Free and all that.

Check it out.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Groove Doctor

Groove Doctor

3. Basshoofd

Basshoofd

Thank you!
  4. wrench45us

wrench45us

This is nice. I 've started writing out the scale sequence in a lot of my practice book examples and it helps a lot.

But tell me why we have 9, 11, and 13 instead of 2, 4 and 6?
    I could understand if we jumped into the next higher octave, but it's in the same range as the Root.
    Is it an option on the 'decoder'?
    Forces one to think more like a soloist?
  5. Intenzity

It was just convention, there isn't usually a distinction about the octave, so the 2nd/9 is usually called the "9" same with all the others, 11=4, 13=6. If all the notes are put into a chord like:

C E G B D F A
    R 3 5 7 9 11 13

Then the d note is the 9ths of the chord, so no matter what octave it is in, it gets referred to by that. But you are totally right, same as the 2.
  6. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Accuracy, Carvin, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
  7. Intenzity

Thanks Roy!

That means a lot coming from you!