Cheap 2x10?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by N I C lK, Mar 8, 2014.

1. N I C lK

N I C lK

Hey fellow TalkBassers,

I'm looking for a cheap 2x10 cab to pair with my Hartke HyDrive 1x15 for playing live. I play in a loud Shoegaze/Sludge band and I want to push out more volume without bringing a big 4x10 along (due to circumstances with vehicles we can't bring a 4x10).

The 2x10 needs to be able to handle 500w (I have a 500w Terror Bass head) and that's about all I can ask. Used gear is absolutely fine.

Thanks.

2. srxplayer

srxplayer

Not sure about the power handling capability but a used Hartke Hydrive 2X10 would seem like the logical choice. You can find used Avatar 2 X 10 Deltas (the non-neo equipped) cabs in the $200 - $250 range. Those are rated at 700 watts.

3. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Sorry, I don't believe the HyDrive is offered in a 2 X 10. As an alternative, you might want to consider this:

http://www.samsontech.com/hartke/products/cabinets/xl-cabinets/210xl/

If running a 500 watt head, the enclosure will not "see" 500 watts when run in conjunction with the HyDrive 1 X 15. From what I recall, they're plentiful and relatively inexpensive. $250 w/ free shipping from Amazon, 1/2 that used if you check the usual resources.

Riis

4. shoot-r

shoot-r

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

I recently picked up a used Behringer BB210 at a pawn shop for $55. It is a bit rough cosmetically but that's alright because I want to refinish it with Duratex.
    I know they don't get a lot of love here on TB but it sounds good to me. They are discontinued so you would have to find a used one on CL or Ebay.