1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Cheap 2x10?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by N I C lK, Mar 8, 2014.

1. N I C lK

N I C lK

Aug 21, 2011
    Western New York
    Hey fellow TalkBassers,

I'm looking for a cheap 2x10 cab to pair with my Hartke HyDrive 1x15 for playing live. I play in a loud Shoegaze/Sludge band and I want to push out more volume without bringing a big 4x10 along (due to circumstances with vehicles we can't bring a 4x10).

The 2x10 needs to be able to handle 500w (I have a 500w Terror Bass head) and that's about all I can ask. Used gear is absolutely fine.

Thanks.

2. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Not sure about the power handling capability but a used Hartke Hydrive 2X10 would seem like the logical choice. You can find used Avatar 2 X 10 Deltas (the non-neo equipped) cabs in the $200 - $250 range. Those are rated at 700 watts.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Sorry, I don't believe the HyDrive is offered in a 2 X 10. As an alternative, you might want to consider this:

http://www.samsontech.com/hartke/products/cabinets/xl-cabinets/210xl/

If running a 500 watt head, the enclosure will not "see" 500 watts when run in conjunction with the HyDrive 1 X 15. From what I recall, they're plentiful and relatively inexpensive. $250 w/ free shipping from Amazon, 1/2 that used if you check the usual resources.

Riis

5. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
  6. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    I recently picked up a used Behringer BB210 at a pawn shop for $55. It is a bit rough cosmetically but that's alright because I want to refinish it with Duratex.
    I know they don't get a lot of love here on TB but it sounds good to me. They are discontinued so you would have to find a used one on CL or Ebay.