1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

cheap case for eub

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by tastychoice, Nov 8, 2012.

1. tastychoice

tastychoice

Hey everybody,

Just picked up a Plano jumbo airliner rod case for fishing rods for $80. My self made eub fits with its stand and gig bag. After a long search, I'm stoked as hell. I wanted to share this with y'all as I know how hard it is to find protective cases for these things.
  2. Michael Eisenman

Michael Eisenman Supporting Member

Do you have any pix?
  3. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

4. Nate74

Nate74 Supporting Member

Probably great for a "stick" style EUB, but those with a bit of a body might not work with the 8" diameter. I'm still leaning towards a snowboard travel case for my latest home build.
  5. mooseonbass

mooseonbass Supporting Member

I picked up a Sportube Series III snowboard case for my Yamaha SVB-100. Everything fits well. I haven't traveled with it yet though.
  6. Nate74

Nate74 Supporting Member

Looks like a good option, and it appears to be adjustable in the length direction. I may have to get serious about one for my home build.

[​IMG]
  7. mooseonbass

mooseonbass Supporting Member

That may be thin enough to fit in a series II. I like the III, it is well constructed.