Cheap combo/mini stack recommendations?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Souperman08, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Souperman08

Souperman08

Haven't posted here in a long time, please feel free to delete/move if I'm posted in the wrong place.

I need an amp. My setup right now works great for going direct in, but I need a portable amp I can just grab and run with for jam sessions/rehearsals/etc. Problem is, I'm not sure what I should look for tone-wise. My current setup is

Squier CV Jazz (stock)-Wampler Ego Press-Way Huge Green Rhino (used occasionally)-Aguilar Tone Hammer DI/Preamp (always on, I never use the AGS though)-BBE Sonic Stomp-out to a direct box.

I can take a snapshot of my settings (it seems like they change every gig anyways), but I favor a very punchy sound (for my clean tone, the best example I can think of is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk24UKKI4yY Panic Station by Muse).

I'm hoping to not spend more than $500 at the end of the day, and I'm definetely looking to buy used if necessary. MF has the Acoustic B450 combos for $400, but they won't ship until April. The older generation of those amps seem to go for $250-$300 used. I've also considered the GK MB series. Any other ideas for amps I should look into?

2. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

3. Souperman08

Souperman08

Whoa! I legitimately didn't know Genz made combos for that cheap. Any major downsides to them?

4. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

No downsides!!

They are only that cheap because GB was recently bought out by Fender. They normally sell for twice that price. Get one before there are no more!!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Souperman08

Souperman08

Gah, 4 sold today already, I might miss out on this deal. Any other recommendations?

7. EdgeXXL

EdgeXXL Supporting Member

8. pudgychef

pudgychef